This something I have always wondered about but not being an electronics tech guy I don't know the answer to. Sometimes I play gigs where space is very (very) limited and I play with just an amp and a one or two effects pedals (if any at all). In these cases I usually just go with batteries in the pedals. For gigs in other places I have two pedals boards, a larger one with about six pedals and a Cry Baby wah, and a smaller one with 3 pedals and a Cry Baby mini wah. I often exchange the pedals depending on the gig and my mood. The question is if I am replacing a pedal on one of the boards that uses a power supply, should I remove the batteries? Does it matter at all?

Thanks for any replies.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Some pedals actually work better with batteries installed even if you're using a power supply. There's never a reason to remove the battery (unless it's dead, of course).
^ i'm always paranoid that batteries will leak, but other than that, yeah pretty much.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

9v batteries leak very rarely so I just leave em in. Before I play a gig with just batteries I put them on a meter and test voltage. Less than 9vdc and they go in the recycle trash.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis
I only use power supplies, so I always remove the batteries. I've kept batteries in devices for years without replacing them, and they end up corroding and gunking stuff up.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Quote by Cajundaddy
9v batteries leak very rarely so I just leave em in.

oh ok, i didn't realise that leakage rates might vary per battery type. since i use a power supply the only battery i remove is generally the one that came stock and sometimes they look very, er, cost-effective But with dearer brands i'd be less worried about leakage (i assume).
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?