I wrote a melody that i use as a riff, it is 28 notes played in a slow monotone tempo. What time signature does that make it? When i play it, i think of it as chunks of 4, so that would be 7/4?
The riff is played twice and then that part (chorus) ends, if that makes a difference.
What notes are they?
Whole, half, quarter, eighth, etc.?
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10, Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Amp/Effects:
Peavy Vypyr 30, ISP Decimator, Peavy Max 112

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
bjgrifter I honestly don't know. A note every half a second, bass drum on each 2 notes. If i played 4 more notes it would be the same length as a 4/4 riff played twice. It's 4/7 right? But if i search for that, i can't find anything, so am not sure.
Quote by MyBrokenGift
bjgrifter I honestly don't know. A note every half a second, bass drum on each 2 notes. If i played 4 more notes it would be the same length as a 4/4 riff played twice. It's 4/7 right? But if i search for that, i can't find anything, so am not sure.
Record it?
If you're playing a note every half a second, bass drum every 2 notes, then is the bass drum counting the beat? That would make it 60 bpm which seems to fit with you saying it's a slow tempo. Then each note is an eighth.
Can you clarify, are you thinking of it as 7 groups of 4 notes, or 4 groups of 7 notes?
If the former, then you have 3 bars of 4/4 + 1 bar of 2/4. For the latter you would have 4 bars of 7/8 at that slow tempo (7/4 if you doubled the tempo). But you'd have to adjust your bass drum pattern so it's (1 and 2 and 3 and 4) - no 'and' on the 4, go straight into the next bar.
Recommended threads
Solo difficulty
belmar313
Last post:
by shannon_fletcher
Crucified
Lucid_Dreaming
Last post:
by 剣 斧 血