How can I record with effects enabled using Amplitube in Audacity or Adobe Audition?

Hello,

I am trying to record a track using Aplitube 3 using either Audacity or Audion.

My problem is that I can't figure out how to record with the effects already set up in Aplitube.

I don't want to record clean and after that put the effects on the track.

Is there any way I could record with Amplitube open (using the sound i already set up)?
I remember being able to do this using Pod Farm in the past but I can't figure it out now.

Any information, or links would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance!
You can't with this one. You could look for Tracktion 4 - that is free and has a vst host that you can use in realtime, other cheap programs that you can use - Reaper, Mixcraft, or some of the cut ("artist") versions of Cubase, Sonar, Acid, etc.
VRazvan yes you can in Adobe Audition CC 2015 ( problem previous versions too but this is all I have installed ) just make sure you in multitrack view and record there I think you may be trying to record in Wave form view and that why isn't not recording the effect.

if you having trouble clean goes in one track buss the track with effect to another track and record both at the same time.
T4D - he is asking about using Amplitube as vst (realtime monitoring) in Audacity which is still not supported unless you're running Mac with AU plugins.
https://www.quora.com/Are-the-VST-plug-ins-usable-in-Audacity-real-time
Quote by VRazvan
Hello,

I am trying to record a track using Aplitube 3 using either Audacity or Audion.

My problem is that I can't figure out how to record with the effects already set up in Aplitube.

Any information, or links would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance!

???? Sorry diabolical ?? I read the title of the thread clearly says Adobe Audition so I assumed that Audion. in the post was a typo I didn't write Audacity in my post anywhere ??

your comment was not connected to Adobe Audition so i wrote about the other software VRazvan asked about

unless your comment was related to Adobe Audition ?? if it is I have to post my disagreement.

Adobe Audition can do the job you just have to set it up that way.

Don't look down at Audition many people do have Adobe Audition since it's part of Adobe creative cloud subscription, I run Protool & Sonar at home and only have Audition at work I have been blown away how powerful Audition is.
Last edited by T4D at Oct 6, 2016,
Sorry - he mentions Audition in the topic title but Audion in the post, which I think used to be another audio software, but it is an audio player...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audion_(software)

So he meant Audition and yes, I am familiar with it.

Adobe Audition (or the old CoolEdit Pro as some might know it) is perfectly capable of doing that. Yes, just head over to Multitrack view and drop that plugin and enable it on the channel you're recording. I hate Adobe's new pay-to-play format but as long as you have it, might as well use it.

BTW - I've used it for audio cleanup as it had best noise reduction for the $ and some neat features for mastering, like spectral view editing, etc. The multi track part of it has always been an afterthought as Adobe didn't care much about it and just kept dressing it up and not much more, like Sony did with Acid.

As far as mod votes - we'll see
Last edited by diabolical at Oct 6, 2016,