2- Dimarzios Liquifire / D activators.
1 20%
3- Seymour Duncan Jazz / JB.
1 20%
4- Seymour Duncan '59 / JB.
2 40%
Voters: 5.
Hello everyone

So i have just got my ESP Eclipse II '05 VB a few days ago and i have been waiting to get a deal on those for quite a while now (lucky me ) , as you may know the model is constructed with mahogany wood and ebony fretboard and it comes with EMG 60/81 , the only problem is that these pickups didn't actually meet my expectations and they didn't fulfill my playing and taste , it has a sterile tone and it is not as responsive as passive pickups ( even though i have raised the pickup to the strings as close as possible ) , now i will give these pickups time and chance to make my final judgement as i will try to play with pickup height more , EQ and will even mod it to be 18V or even 24V.

but just for the sake of narrowing down my options in case i wanted to change those pickups , what do you guys recommend the most?
I want versatility i love 80s heavy metal ( Iron maiden , black sabbath...etc.) and i want to achieve a similar tone , as well as i like playing bluesy leads like buckethead , vai , satriani , i am trying to find a combination that is between those categories.

I have my mind set on a few options:-

1- Dimarzios Liquifire / Crunchlab.

what do you guys recommend out of those? and if you have other suggestions please point it out to me.

Thanks
It's pretty imperative to know what amp you're using.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
T00DEEPBLUE sorry , mostly amp sims like GR5 , i also have boss gt 100 i usually direct record with or plug it into my fender G-Dec Jr. amp
nothing fancy
Tony Done
Quote by Tony Done
[sigh] Methinks you need less guitar and more amp. I wouldn't bother with new pickups if i was running it through that kind of rig.

Well i always knew that i had a crappy amp , but i think that amp sims now aren't so bad especially BIAS FX but i have a good set of KRKs , i have an Ibanez prestige model with tone zone bridge pickup that plays flawlessly on this kind of set up though , but i guess nothing beats the real thing.
smewch89

I'm just a grumpy old man. I spent decades not connecting with electric guitars because I failed to appreciate the importance of the amp relative to the fancy lump of wood. In fact, I only made contact because I bought a decent electric guitar amp to use for my acoustic gigs, and I got interested n vintage electric lap steels. Maybe amp sims and digital multiFX have improved since I last tried them, but I think you might be putting your money in the wrong place. - My favourite guitar cost Oz$65 at the local hock shop, and I run it through an H&K St Dual El84 and a highly modded Epi VJ. That's a bit of an extreme example, but you get the idea. I find it helps to think of the instrument as the whole deal - the timber and the amplification chain - not just the guitar.
Tony Done

I encourage you to try out some of the sims that are available
They are decent , maybe it won't give the experience of a real guitar but it's definitely worth the try.

Funny that i have been doing some research on H&K tubemeister 20 since i only play in my room and practice ,noodle noting else , so i have been looking if there is an opportunity for a purchase of this particular tube amp
It you've got cash to burn, have a look at the Mesa Transatlantic. I really liked its chimey cleans,and it has all sort of heavy sounds.

I'm mostly looking for bright acoustic-like sounds from my electrics, and the H&K does that very well. This is especially noticeable in the low end, no mud at all with good pickups.
Tony Done

I am looking for an amp that has a good tone but great distortion something that can give out a good 80s metal tone.

I still think that those EMGs didn't fulfill my taste
Quote by smewch89
Hello everyone

So i have just got my ESP Eclipse II '05 VB a few days ago and i have been waiting to get a deal on those for quite a while now (lucky me ) , as you may know the model is constructed with mahogany wood and ebony fretboard and it comes with EMG 60/81 , the only problem is that these pickups didn't actually meet my expectations and they didn't fulfill my playing and taste , it has a sterile tone and it is not as responsive as passive pickups ( even though i have raised the pickup to the strings as close as possible ) , now i will give these pickups time and chance to make my final judgement as i will try to play with pickup height more , EQ and will even mod it to be 18V or even 24V.

but just for the sake of narrowing down my options in case i wanted to change those pickups , what do you guys recommend the most?
I want versatility i love 80s heavy metal ( Iron maiden , black sabbath...etc.) and i want to achieve a similar tone , as well as i like playing bluesy leads like buckethead , vai , satriani , i am trying to find a combination that is between those categories.

I have my mind set on a few options:-

1- Dimarzios Liquifire / Crunchlab.

what do you guys recommend out of those? and if you have other suggestions please point it out to me.

Thanks

For the 80s sound, the JB/Jazz set is the one that appeared in countless guitars and tons of recordings back then. Using a modded Marshall sound, you'd get those tones easily.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Quote by Mincer
For the 80s sound, the JB/Jazz set is the one that appeared in countless guitars and tons of recordings back then. Using a modded Marshall sound, you'd get those tones easily.

From the guy from SD.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!*** NEW NEW NEW!
2017/03/25 Nitrocellulose -vs- Polyester Finishes (Saturday 2017-03-25)
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup he's right though. I'd say Dimarzio PAF or PAF Joe in neck and Tonezone just to even the playing field a little bit...although he won't go wrong if he were to put Joe Barden pickups in there but at $350 for the pair it is a bit prohibitive.
Mincer

It is an option , i am kinda swining between '59/jb and CL/LQ tbh , looks like it's going to be a coin toss at the end since i like both of the combination.
diabolical

i'm not going to pay 350$ for a set of pickups lol.

I have a tonezone on my RG3250MZ prestige series , and i love it , it is an awesome pickup , but i want something different on my ESP.