Hello, i will be selling my guitar soon, so i've found 2 ibanez guitar for about the same price but i cannot choose which one
1st. Ibanez RG370Dx: Wizard II, Edge III, Basswood body, Maple Neck, Rosewood fretboard, It has a changed bridge pickup (Dimarzio DP155BK) and NeckPU: IBZ neck pu MiddlePU: IBZ mid pu. Made in indonesia. Here are some pics of it

2nd is Ibanez RG470fm but it seems different compared to the other RG470's. It has a Mahogany body and a maple neck, made in japan. BUT the pickups are all changed, i've contacted the owner but he says he doesent know which pickups are in this guitar and that he also bought that guitar second-hand and that its first owner also doesent know which pickups those are. I like it alot and seems like a far more quality guitar compared to the first one but there is also no way for me to test it considering im living far away from him (buying the guitar over the internet). Here are some pictures of it:

I would appreciate any suggestion considering im pretty sceptic about them.
without knowing more, MIJ all the way.

but that creme around the pickups are fucking ugly.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ yeah i'd rather have MIJ but bear in mind that's a lo-trs I think, which isn't that great of a trem.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah i'd rather have MIJ but bear in mind that's a lo-trs I think, which isn't that great of a trem.
If you zoom it in, it says "Licensed under floyd rose something" But doesent have the ''Ibanez Lo-TRS" . It doesent say anything on the side.
Last edited by unfamous6661 at Oct 4, 2016,
that's interesting. I can't make it out from those pics, it won't let me zoom in. but you're right, normally the lo-trs says it on the side.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dave_Mc
that's interesting. I can't make it out from those pics, it won't let me zoom in. but you're right, normally the lo-trs says it on the side.

I'd go for the MIJ 470 but you will have to either get rid of that cream middle pup and the cream ring on the neck pup or put a cream ring on the bridge pup so it all matches!

Personally I opt to do the former
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
I'd go for the MIJ 470 but you will have to either get rid of that cream middle pup and the cream ring on the neck pup or put a cream ring on the bridge pup so it all matches!

Personally I opt to do the former
i actually like the colors , they look steampunk-ish and sorta remembers me of mikael's (opeth) guitar
if you dig the look, get it. the MIJ ibanez' are great guitars. the others.... not so much.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Ignite
I personally don't mind the cream, especially if it's a MIJ.

I'd go for that. If the pickups are swapped, they're most likely swapped for something better than stock.

I don't mind cream on certain guitars it would give that one a vintage look and it will match the binding, be sure to swap that black pickup bezel for a cream one for the bridge pup, in fact I'd but two new bezels just to be sure the neck and bridge pups match exactly all cream components are not the same shade. Also grab a cream tip for the switch which has a white one and the middle pup looks like it may be white as well if you are going to go with cream consider some gold Gibson knobs it will complete the vintage look.

Here is my Dean VX with Zebra Wilde L500XL pickups with cream bezels and gold Gibby knobs.

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Oct 5, 2016,
Quote by unfamous6661

thanks. yep, you're right, no writing there (that i can make out, anyway ), and from the closer pic it's not a lo-trs either (not low-profile for a start).

do you have the serial number? just to date the thing. in case that actually is the stock trem (i'm not that well up on ibanez history before about 2000).
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Quote by Dave_Mc
thanks. yep, you're right, no writing there (that i can make out, anyway ), and from the closer pic it's not a lo-trs either (not low-profile for a start).

do you have the serial number? just to date the thing. in case that actually is the stock trem (i'm not that well up on ibanez history before about 2000).

Here is the website with all the full-size pictures so you can see for yourself :p https://www.kupujemprodajem.com/ibanez-RG470FM-37462103-oglas.htm
I contacted the buyer telling him that id like to buy it,but he says he might trade the guitar for another but that its a low chance that he will do... Anyways, if that happens i might consider one of those
https://www.kupujemprodajem.com/keiper-odlicna-perfektna-jedinstvena-37902848-oglas.htm?filter_id=58282284 (but says nothing about the components?)

https://www.kupujemprodajem.com/Aston-SM-1-Custom-37738580-oglas.htm?filter_id=88797630

If you could give me some opinions about those 2 as well,i would be very grateful
^^ I'm guessing that's an older model 470 maybe? Not sure. the serial number etc. is scored off a bit but i think (don't quote me) what i can see looks legit.

i've never heard of the other two, at least the ibanez is something of a known quantity (i.e. a good guitar (if in good condition) with a possibly mediocre tremolo).
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

^ yeah that's always the problem- people often swap out floyds if the knife edges wear away etc.. And if they're selling the guitar they often swap it out for a cheapo example and hope you don't know enough to notice.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Dave_Mc I guess i will just get more moneyz and get a nice schecter or an LTD :p, thanks for all the answers tho
no problem
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman