Hello I posted this thread in recording because it has to do with all this mixing
the tone etc.
So I have found many videos on youtube on this but most of them
demonstrate the method with the audacity vocal remover feature.
The problem is that the quality of tone is lost and the vocals might not fade enough.
Also guitar solos are being erased many times

Ex.
The Original :

The Instrumental (I guess with audacity) :

Also if any tip for growls/scream because they are extremely difficult
to be properly removed (epsecially in comparison with cleans) .
Short answer: you can't.

Long answer: you can't, because the tools don't exist to do that. Not really.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Focal Alpha 65 monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Vocals tend to be in the 100-500hz range. Some tracks might be narrower but you will also have 2nd and 3rd harmonics above this. Guess where 90% of rock music lies... yep, 100-500hz. Cut the vocals and you eviscerate the band as well. It can still be a useful tool to rehearse vocal parts but if you want performance quality track with no vocals you will need to make or buy a karaoke style track with only instruments.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Oct 4, 2016,
So called vocal eliminators have been around a long time. I remember back in the 1970's there was an expensive thing called the Thompson Vocal Eliminator. The original premise was locate frequencies that were the same on the left channel and right channel and use pre set EQ's to attenuate (lower) those frequencies. Since most vocals were panned to the center in a mix the song would have fairly equal parts of the lead vocal on each channel and reducing those frequencies where the vocal usually sits would reduce (not eliminate) the lead vocal. The problem was that there is a lot of other instruments that occupy that same frequency range so the bass and other center panned instruments went with it. Another issue was the stereo reverb. If the lead vocal was mixed with a stereo reverb that was hard panned left and right, you ended up with the ghost of the vocal on the hard left and right of the track and that would not be eliminated.

As said above, the short answer is it really doesn't work well no mater what program you use..
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Oct 5, 2016,