Hi guys,
I have an se 24 Floyd Rose.I am looking to upgrade electronics in it.Going to change the pots since I have noticed that the volume pots are kinda loose and shaking.I am only looking to upgrade things that will make atleast a slight change, I guess I shouldn't change the tuners since it has a locked trem.Pour in your suggestions please.
Can you identify what is wrong with what you already have? For example, changing the pickups can certainly change the tone, but what kind of change would you want, if any?

If the pots are loose and shaking, it probably just means that the mounting nut need tightening. Or does the shaft feel loose in its collar?
Quote by Tony Done
Can you identify what is wrong with what you already have? For example, changing the pickups can certainly change the tone, but what kind of change would you want, if any?

If the pots are loose and shaking, it probably just means that the mounting nut need tightening. Or does the shaft feel loose in its collar?

I bought the guitar used.The volume pot was loose earlier, so i tightened the mounting nuts.There are some scuff marks and cracks around the body of the guitar below the volume pot, looks like some one took a hammer and slammed on the volume pot.When i rotate one side is higher than the other, ie the side with 1 has a slant of 45 degree compared to the side with 10. It should be parallel to the body.It feels tight since one side touches the body.
Every part works fine, I am just planning to swap for superior parts since I heard the electronics in SE are not as good as in the Customs.Maybe improve the tone ? Dont know
OK, maybe it would be a good idea to swap the pot, and have a look to see if the surrounding timber is damaged at the same time. If there are any cracks, they could be repaired from the inside with superglue, perhaps also adding some strengthening, like a piece of laminex (formica).

If you want to improve the tone, you have to be able to specify what would constitute improvement. It isn't the same for everyone.
Tony Done
Okay.Im going to buy new pots.What pickups should I swap to improve tone.I play 80s metal, blues.probably buy used from ebay.
Explorerbuilderyeah.but I guess changing the pots and know ia a good idea in the long run.
Last edited by Wmheadbanger at Oct 5, 2016,
I'll bump this thread for you by saying that I have no idea what pickups would be suitable for '80s metal. I'm more the Ry Cooder type.

You might want to start another thread.