Was just thinking about this. Not sure how this works so please bear with me.

Hypothetically speaking, if I were to plug an electric guitar into several effects to an AC4 with the speaker out connected to to one of Two Note's cab simulator pedals and straight to a mixer, would his set-up function?

Also, if there are, what are the consequences of using his type of set-up?

If possible, what are some good alternatives?
You'd blow up the amp and the pedal.

You need a load box after the head if you aren't using a cab. Two Notes makes stuff like that, but not in pedal form. The pedal sim is just for sound, it's not going to provide a load for the amp. Without a load, things turn into smoke real fast.

Easy solution, make or buy a load box with a DI out, run it into the Two Notes and then into a mixer, enjoy.
Quote by LtnVasquez
Was just thinking about this. Not sure how this works so please bear with me.

Hypothetically speaking, if I were to plug an electric guitar into several effects to an AC4 with the speaker out connected to to one of Two Note's cab simulator pedals and straight to a mixer, would his set-up function?

The CAB won't work that way. But Two-Notes makes several other versions that couple a load box with the cab/power amp sims, and you can run those straight to a mixer.

If you're using an AC4 you might not like the pricetag on those, however.

I use a CAB after a Line 6 HD500 and it's perfect, but that all happens *before* a power amp gets involved.
Yeap, a standard cab sim should be plugged into a preamp/line out or fx send, but the amp still needs needs a load (I.e. a speaker) to run safely.

A loadbox or a loadbox with a built-in cab sim is something that you run from your speaker out and it gives the amp a load (hence the name) so that the speakers aren't necessary.

But still when choosing a loadbox you need to buy one that matches the impedance and power requirements of the amp.