Greetings fellow musicians. These few weeks, I have been buying a few more pedals and when I trimmed the velcro to be attached underneath my pedals, there would be leftover hook velcros of irregular shapes. I didn't wanna waste those velcros so an idea came into my mind. I took a few guitar accessories like my string winder and pick holder and attached the spare velcro to them. Knowing that my pedalboard has tons of space underneath (aside from my power supply), I knew I could velcro those accessories somewhere. And I did. Refer to the attached pdf file for pictures. Now, I do not have to worry about losing my picks on stage or the amount of time spent changing my strings halfway through a gig. This definitely is a good way of recycling extra velcros and at the same time proving to be really creative. Just out of curiosity, what else do you think you can put on/underneath your pedalboard?
Attachments:
Pedalboard Secrets.pdf
Last edited by pyrokineticist at Oct 5, 2016,
I've seen people with a tin pick holder on top of their pedalboard as well. Wireless receivers are very common and I wouldn't call those a pedal. Some form of lighting to see the pedals better is not uncommon to see either. I've seen people with a clock on their pedalboard as well. A slide, an ebow and a shaker are things I've seen on boards as well, just things you have to have by hand quickly but don't need the entire show.

If LED lighting for visual effect counts, that's something.
Mayones Regius
Gibson SG
Fender CS Telecaster
Kemper Profiler
Other than my power supply (technically not a pedal), I put on nothing but the pedals themselves.

I put winders, strings and stuff on top of my amp.

Not really given the topic much thought because it just doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Why not just put Velcro on the amp to accomplish exactly the same thing you're describing? Seems a lot more elegant to do that than having to keep bending down whenever I need anything.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 5, 2016,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Other than my power supply (technically not a pedal), I put on nothing but the pedals themselves.

I put winders, strings and stuff on top of my amp.

Not really given the topic much thought because it just doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Why not just put Velcro on the amp to accomplish exactly the same thing you're describing? Seems a lot more elegant to do that than having to keep bending down whenever I need anything.

Sometimes, a guitarist might place their amp backstage or in a separate room because there is too much interference noise on stage. These times, the amp would be very far away from the guitarist. It isn't ideal to stick these things on a guitar so the next best choice is on the pedalboard. Furthermore, these ain't stuff you'll be constantly bending over to take anyway. Well, my pedalboard is quite empty so it does seem like a big deal to fill up those spaces. LOL.
Last edited by pyrokineticist at Oct 5, 2016,
Noise and interference is pretty darn unavoidable when you're playing in a venue. Even if you leave the amp in the dressing room lol.

And it isn't like running long cables to reach said amp that is very far away doesn't introduce its own noise problems either. Having the amp far away from the player is just too inconvenient if you want to adjust settings. Pretty important to point that out when this topic is meant to be about convenience.

I'd rather not bend down to reach my stuff when said stuff is only a few paces behind me.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
If convenience is the issue, get a utility belt. Whatever you need will be within arm's reach, where you are.

I'm Batman, and I approve this message.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
If convenience is the issue, get a utility belt. Whatever you need will be within arm's reach, where you are.

I'm Batman, and I approve this message.

And when you break a string during the show the rest of the band plays the 60's Batman theme while you use your bat-string-winder to save the day

On the topic, I've actually had some non pedal stuff on my board for a while, such as an old cigarette tin with a magnet a the bottom to keep my alken Allen wrenches nice and tidy so I don't have dig through them whenever I need one.
I use a battery powered digital clock on mine. With numbers big enough to see from 10 feet away.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
I have my pick holder face up on my board. It doesn't bother me at all to want to hide it. Also Cyndaquil. Is this an excuse to show our pedalboards?!

Quote by Will Lane
I have my pick holder face up on my board. It doesn't bother me at all to want to hide it. Also Cyndaquil. Is this an excuse to show our pedalboards?!

I see 0 pick holders
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I see 0 pick holders
It is (now) on the rail right above Cynaquil's head. Just imagine it. Normal Dunlop pick holder with Cool Picks Stealth .8mm.
I keep a drum key on mine. One band I'm in I play drums and loan my board and amp to the rhythm guitarist. Sometimes i need the key.
Other times the guy playing drums won't have a way to tune without me.

I also use it to hold my beer. The board and cables looped right make a great beer coaster for me
Power supply, something to eat. Maybe a set list if you're playing a show and forget a song. Picks.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
i keep a condom taped to the bottom. you never know when you will run into a hot drunk bitch, may as well be ready. don't have kids and i plan on keeping it that way.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I really like the clock idea. Never thought of that, but it's a lot easier than trying to check a watch when you're in shadows.