Poll: title (multiple choices can be selected)
Poll Options
View poll results: title (multiple choices can be selected)
Tohubohu (even after The Big Bang)
0 0%
Reincarnation
3 9%
Many-worlds interpretation
5 14%
Spirits
5 14%
Superstitions
0 0%
A thing called love
27 77%
Other (elaborate on)
9 26%
Voters: 35.
Page 1 of 3
I wouldn't say I believe it, per se, but I've always found bubble theory (a kind of multiverse theory, if you cba to look it up) interesting.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Quote by Banjocal
God

omg, did you hear that he died? so sad...

I suspect foul play tbh
kitty on my foot and I wanna touch it
meow meow meow meow meow meow
Quote by ultimate-slash
omg, did you hear that he died? so sad...

I suspect foul play tbh

Are you one of those conspiracy nuts that thinks that absolutely EVERYONE had a hand in his death? Fucking mental cases.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Probably aliens. I don't know for sure if they're out there but I believe they are. Although the nature of their biology/culture/history/technological advancements isn't something I'd speculate about.

It has more to do with my worldview anyway. I'm attracted to the idea of the universality of experience, shared goals in exploration, and the proliferation, dissemination, and preservation of culture.

Which is kinda hypocritical of me since I'm not familiar with every culture/language on this planet in the first place and you could say certain places I haven't even heard of might seem entirely "alien" to my sensibilities. Perhaps in my eyes, the vast distinction between species and the retention of their common pursuits could prove something to the rest of the world.

I dunno, this is the stuff of fiction. It's pleasant, life-affirming, unprovable, and I have my doubts about it. Call it a semi-informed humanist theism.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Probably aliens. I don't know for sure if they're out there but I believe they are. Although the nature of their biology/culture/history/technological advancements isn't something I'd speculate about.

It has more to do with my worldview anyway. I'm attracted to the idea of the universality of experience, shared goals in exploration, and the proliferation, dissemination, and preservation of culture.

Which is kinda hypocritical of me since I'm not familiar with every culture/language on this planet in the first place and you could say certain places I haven't even heard of might seem entirely "alien" to my sensibilities. Perhaps in my eyes, the vast distinction between species and the retention of their common pursuits could prove something to the rest of the world.

I dunno, this is the stuff of fiction. It's pleasant, life-affirming, unprovable, and I have my doubts about it. Call it a semi-informed humanist theism.

I agree. Somewhere out there, an entire race of hot blue alien ladies with immaculate breasts and tentacles for hair exists that get off on doing it with humans

That's pretty much what you meant, right?
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
The fact that Japanese girls have pixelated vaginas... oh wait

Classic horsedick
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I don't think believing in the existence of aliens is outlandish these days.

I find multiverse theory to be plausible, if a bit unprovable.

Some of my ideas are sympathetic of Pantheism. Insofar that I think that if there existed anything that could be most aptly described as 'God', it would be nature and existence itself. And that in such a scenario we are a part of God and God is a part of us. It makes me feel a bit less insignificant and more closely connected to the world I live in.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 5, 2016,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Are aliens really an "far out" view?

I think it'd be far out to believe they visited us, but with the sheer size of the universe I think you'd have to be ignorant of scale to believe there's not another single form of life out there.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I'd say it's an atypical, out of field claim or simply an eyebrow raiser at dinner parties, but if by 'far out' you meant inconceivable, then probably not at all.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.
Erm....yeah like others have said, I wouldn't say this far out', but yeah I'd say I believe it's a certainty that aliens exist too. Not like they 'might' exist, but night on 100% they exist. Not necessarily saying they've visited us or anything though (probably not), but somewhere in another galaxy or another universe there is intelligent life.

Given our knowledge of space and the universe, it say it's more far out for some to believe that we're alone.
due to the sheer size and scope of the universe i'd say it is very probable that other lifeforms have come to exist

other than that i don't really believe in much
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Call it a semi-informed humanist theism.

But I wanna call it Lenny.
idk tbh, i don't really think about any of that stuff often
like it's not that i don't believe any of it, it's just that i don't ever think about it so i can't really say i believe in it

i do have some weird superstitious tendencies, but i kinda half-ass them
like whenever i think "man it would be terrible if *bad thing* happened to *person i like*" and then rather than knocking on wood i'll like close my eyes and imagine a hand knocking on wood it's weird but it's like an impulse thing at this point, i don't do it on purpose, it just happens

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
The fact that Japanese girls have pixelated vaginas... oh wait

real talk tho, by this point i kinda prefer censored Japanese girlies
uncensored has somehow become weird
=^● ⋏ ●^=
myanimelist! | steam!
---------
i'm a waste of my freedom / cause i have imprisoned myself
with this crippling lack of wealth / and my decaying sense of self
Last edited by institutions at Oct 5, 2016,
This isn't that exciting and I'm not sure how far out it is, but I actually do believe that in 20-30 years, we'll look back at sugar the way we do tobacco now. Nowhere near as bad, but essentially just that we'll realise it's a lot worse for us than we initially realised. In the quantities that some people consume it today that is.

Obviously it's nigh on impossible to completely avoid it, but I just see people with regular (as opposed to the diet versions) cokes/pepsis and the like now and can't help but think 'what on earth are you doing'.
Quote by ehbacon
I wouldn't say i believe in reincarnation, but of the theories of the afterlife, to me that seems the most plausible

My view is in the complete reverse.

I think it's feasible that the energy that makes up your body now, can end up in the future being a part of the structure of another creature. Simply because energy cannot be created or destroyed.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Quote by Spinnerweb
But I wanna call it Lenny.

Well you can't. Sorry.
I believe that the dice are trying to kill my character.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
There are thousands of civilizations greater than ours in the universe.
The odds of our being in base reality are tiny so this is probably a simulation.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
I believe in aliens. I also believe that humans lived with Bigfoot up until about 1000 years ago, which is why the myth is so prevalent in Native American culture. I believe that the CIA killed JFK. I believe that our current universe is just the latest version in a giant series of Big Bangs and Big Implosions.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
strong fat.lard thread

i believe that death is a never ending loop DMT trip
srs imagine when you die, those few seconds between being alive and a corpse, your brain goes from traveling to different to infinite universes and experiences, to the point where your "consciousness" gets locked in this moment, and it's all you will ever know and remember of life on earth...
idk just watch the movie enter the void and you'll know what i mean ...

i also like the idea of other worldly alien civilizations thriving in maybe not in our galaxy, but other galaxies or universes for sure, and i am positive they are at least as intelligent as dogs or cats or can function like snakes or lizards at least.

hell i even believe dinosaurs and humans were alive around the same time
i mean, how else do you explain the lack of pre-human bones? the ones that survived got away, the ones that didn't go destroyed like 90% of dinosaur bones
and if you look at the oldest archaeological excavations, predating finding bones, almost all of the paintings on the walls and clay/mud pottery, etc have depictions of dinosaurs on them
there is no way you can imagine something like that without seeing it....

(but then again humans are quite creative, we even invented "god"...)
Quote by k.lainad
and if you look at the oldest archaeological excavations, predating finding bones, almost all of the paintings on the walls and clay/mud pottery, etc have depictions of dinosaurs on them

I thought all those drawings were mostly buffalo and fat women?
Quote by k.lainad
hell i even believe dinosaurs and humans were alive around the same time
i mean, how else do you explain the lack of pre-human bones? the ones that survived got away, the ones that didn't go destroyed like 90% of dinosaur bones
there is no way you can imagine something like that without seeing it....

(but then again humans are quite creative, we even invented "god"...)

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Quote by k.lainad
strong i also like the idea of other worldly alien civilizations thriving in maybe not in our galaxy, but other galaxies or universes for sure, and i am positive they are at least as intelligent as dogs or cats or can function like snakes or lizards at least.

Obligatory Giorgio Tsoukalos meme:

I agree it seems arrogant of humans to think that is the vast expanse of the universe there is not other intelligent life forms out there.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Oct 5, 2016,
Quote by zgr0826
I believe that our current universe is just the latest version in a giant series of Big Bangs and Big Implosions.

Hindu and other cultures explained the universe as like a "breathing God" that expands and contracts, which science just calls Big Bang and Big Crunch.

THE 3200 BC DOGON THOUGH.

I believe they were visited by an alien species in human "pre-history", but due to the nature of space-time travel, if it does happen again, it wont for a long, long time.

I think their religious beliefs are mostly true in allegorical sense, even if a few things might have changed (like when you play "the phone game" as a kid)

Last edited by Fat Lard at Oct 5, 2016,
Quote by Fat Lard
I believe they were visited by an alien species in human "pre-history", but due to the nature of space/time travel, it wont happen for a long, long time. I think their religious beliefs are mostly true in allegorical sense, even if a few things might have changed (like when you play "the phone game" as a kid)

Nah they come and go as they please travling form their home planets to earth using worm holes!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Juslisn totha rim of myhar
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Page 1 of 3