Hey guys,

We gotta add more mods, so we gonna have elections. You wanna run for MT mod? You wanna make music theory great again? You wanna build a wall and have the jazz musicians pay for it?

Well then read this:

Moderator elections on UG!

Do you want to make some changes we believe in? Do you really love UG and want to make it better? Then this is your chance. It’s time for the semi-annual moderator elections!

Each subforum will get a new moderator and you decide who it’s going to be.

The elections have 3 stages.

1)Nominations
Here are some hints for you on how to make a first step to becoming a moderator.
- Candidates who want to participate in elections must nominate themselves in corresponding threads.
- Candidates must nominate themselves in one subthread only.
- Candidates must nominate themselves within two days starting today.

2) Campaign.
You'll have to persuade users, why you're the one who deserves to be a moderator. You're free to promise profound advice and help to inexperienced users, or just things like fun monthly activities and crazy wallpapers. Users can ask you questions about your opinion on controversial subjects etc. The campaign will last for 7 days.

3) Election day!
Each subforum will get a voting poll. A candidate with the most votes wins. Easy as pie.

Winners get a moderator status, glory, respect, love, and help from UG in organizing special events.

So you better get your slogans and promises ready
Good luck!

LETTER FROM MODERATORS

Forum Moderator Applications Open!

Hello forumites of [FORUM NAME]! The admins are launching a new experiment to encourage participation and involvement more directly from the users. We've decided to add some "Forum Moderator" positions. These carefully chosen users will enjoy a 'tenure' of three months, during which they will help change the look of the forum, facilitate contests, and generally make the forum a brighter and more exciting place.

The selection process will be parliamentary: first a vote among users to select a pool of final applicants, and then a mod/admin vetting and installment of the winner. Here's how the users vote portion will take place:

- 7 days before election day, candidates will announce their intention to run.
- 5 days before election day, candidates will participate in grand debates - create your own campaign where you’ll show why you’re will be the best moderator for your forum.
- Election 'day' will run for 48 hours.
- After votes are tallied, the mods and admins will choose from the three top voted participants.

Inauguration day: The new ambassador will be installed with fanfare!

Basic eligibility for running:
- Account must be more than three months old
- Must have more than 180 posts
- Applicants must have a clear record for the last three months (no warnings or bans).

If this goes well, in another three months we will start the process again and install a new subforum moderator.
May the odds be ever in your favor.

And of course all current mods as well as the UG Team will help you with some tips to create the campaign, etc.

So let’s do this - feel free to nominate yourself to become a moderator and to do the UG forum better.

MOTIVATIONAL LETTER TO CANDIDATES

Hey, you must be thinking now, “Why would I want to become a moderator? That is boring and bothersome.”
And you would be completely wrong. To be a moderator is a cool and interesting work to do!

So let us tell you why it does worth trying, here are some of the perks of being a moderator:

1)Moderator status
Yup, everyone will know that you’re moderator and will treat you accordingly.

2) The opportunities
You can change wallpapers and much more, turning your subthread into the most stylish place on UG

3)Powerful friends
UG will provide you with all the support you need, with some limits, of course

4) Express yourself
You can express your creativity by organizing various activities and contests.

So what are you waiting for? Try to become a moderator right now!

CAMPAIGN EXAMPLE

Title: Moderator Elections: Vote for [USERNAME]!

Hello forumites! My name is [USERNAME], and I'm going to make this forum better!

I registered on the UG website in 2010, and forum [FORUM NAME] is my favorite place, because I've been playing guitar for almost 10 years, I really love music (it's my life), I have my own band Rocking Ducks (one day we even supported Megadeth) - and of course I want to share my knowledge and experience with other users!

Why am I the best candidate?
- I spend almost 24 hours per day on UG forum - so you can always ask me something, and I'll answer you
- I constantly practice my guitar skills - so I can give you some great pieces of advice
- I have experience in handcrafting guitars and amps
- I really love UG and especially [FORUM NAME] - and I'll definitely make it the most active subforum on Ultimate Guitar
- Dave Mustaine is a friend of mine [crossed]
- I promise that you'll become a better guitarist if you vote for me!
- Great contests with awesome prizes await!
- Make [Forumname] the coolest place on UG with backgrounds, fonts, and shit!

So remember - vote on [DATE] for [USERNAME] as a new moderator of [FORUM NAME]!

Vote for [USERNAME] - vote for the future!

[campaign poster]

And let's do it! (Air horn noises)

This thread is a discussion on that, and I'll be fielding questions if anyone needs anything (the powers that be already have my vote). Have fun!
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Can I be a candidate for Music Theory. I'm a fairly skilled remixer, a guitar player, a bassist, theory nut, and generally outgoing, incredibly honest, and polite person. I also believe we need more intriguing, thought-provoking, and helpful discussions/debates. There also needs to be less genre/style bashing and a lift on the song request thread rule. The Mod shouldn't be snobby or rude. That's why I'm running (if you're okay with it).

I confess I can be annoying and persistent but I think I'd make a decent mod. However I'm a remixer and continually concerned with that so ...
"I don't know what you're trying to suggest. There's no shame in taking what you need to hold your position!"

Super Buu (DBZ) on assimilation (it could also apply to blues guitar and guitar soloing in general).
Damn, JRF and GoldenGuitar, you were the ones I'd have voted for

I'm not sure if I'd be up for it. I guess I could be a mod here, or guitar techniques, or maybe even recording. I study musicology for what it's worth but I'm also under the impression that mods shouldn't be idiots. I'd love to throw down some contests and cool threads though.

Or am I too late? I noticed this only today so...
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Well, sure, let's say it is not my fault if people end up voting me.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
gosh, I would have loved to, but I don't think anyone even remembers me.

can I nominate GuitarMunky, food1010, and Archeo Avis?
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by AeolianWolf
gosh, I would have loved to, but I don't think anyone even remembers me.

can I nominate GuitarMunky, food1010, and Archeo Avis?
Hello Aeolian, we've crossed threads a few times

I'm not sure I've seen those names around, but if they post something soon, sure!
Quote by Kevätuhri
but I'm also under the impression that mods shouldn't be idiots.

I'd say it's more important not to be a dick

Are we allowed to nominate other people?
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

You can ask other people, but they have to nominate themselves according to the spoiler
ah ok, that's what i figured, but i thought i would ask anyway
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

I was thinking about it, but nah. There are enough people here that know their stuff better than me, are more active, and would handle "situations" better. Plus I highly doubt I'd get many (any) votes anyway. I'll be keeping an eye out for the poll though!
Quote by NeoMvsEu
Hello Aeolian, we've crossed threads a few times

I'm not sure I've seen those names around, but if they post something soon, sure!

if you do, buzz me.

I haven't seen them since c. 2011!
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Well, sure, let's say it is not my fault if people end up voting me.
Quote by RonaldPoe
Can I be a candidate for Music Theory. I'm a fairly skilled remixer, a guitar player, a bassist, theory nut, and generally outgoing, incredibly honest, and polite person. I also believe we need more intriguing, thought-provoking, and helpful discussions/debates. There also needs to be less genre/style bashing and a lift on the song request thread rule. The Mod shouldn't be snobby or rude. That's why I'm running (if you're okay with it).

I confess I can be annoying and persistent but I think I'd make a decent mod. However I'm a remixer and continually concerned with that so ...
Okay you two, it's already October 9 everywhere in the world. Start campaigning! (You can make your own threads.)