I have a 1996 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard and a 1999 Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster and a 1960's Framus Hollywood that i had repaired and customised in 2007.

I like those Gibson VOS Les Paul Standards they I believe they stopped making in 2014?

I bought my 1996 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard believing it was a 1983 from Vintage & Rare Guitars in Denmark Street in 2011 and I bought my 1999 American Fender Deluxe Ash Stratocaster last month, believing it was a 2007; It was phoning Gibson up in America from England who told me I had a 1996 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard and the internet that told me I had a 1999 American Fender Deluxe series guitar. - Both times I was like 'cool!' - I prefer 1996 'as a year' to 1983 'considering I was born in 1986 and a favourite guitar album that I like was released in 1996 and had a red Les Paul 'mine's red too' with that 1996 album, so that was cool; and My Fender Strat', I bought because it looks like my first strat, a Tanglewood Nevada FST 32K I ever bought in early 2000 for £130.00 brand new, which could very well be a 1999, so when I bought my Fender, it being the first teal green transparent ash Stratocaster I'd seen since I was 15, to find out it could be the same year as my other Strat' that's a cheap copy made out of probably cork or plywood right, when I found out it was a 1999 and not a 2007, that made me like the guitar even more, and I like how it is, feels, looks, compared to the newer American Fender Deluxes with their whole curved bolt on neck plate... Mine's not got that, mine's got the same style as my first guitar in that respect. I still have that guitar, it looks a lot like my Fender only it's got a rosewood fretboard and my Fender's got a maple; I like maple.

I heard also that American Fender now longer make Deluxe? That now it's Elite? IDK, All I know it, I like my 1999 American Fender Deluxe Ash Stratocaster.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
My guitars range from a 1939 Epiphone Emperor to current Variax JTV89Fs.

Was there a point to the question?
i have a pre WWII classical. covering the old, and nothing newer than maybe 2009. i have a 1968 fender bassman. that is my oldest amp. two old musicman's i think maybe 1970's? my newest amp is likely my orange dual terror, which is maybe a 2009 or 2010.

a lot of my gear i don't know the exact year on. to a degree it doesn't matter. especially on pedals, its not something you check the back of. i have also not ran the serial numbers on my ibanez prestiges (five) but they are likely more than five years old.

i do have an all original block letter 5150. i also have an older mesa MKIV. but they are far from what somebody would call 'vintage'.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The oldest thing I own right now is probably my 81 Dean Z Standard and my 80s Ovation. Otherwise most of my guitars are pretty new. I have a 2008 R8, a 2008 Epiphone Elitist SG and a 2008 Edwards E-LP so 2008 seems to be my year
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I recently donated my mid-1970s cello to my church- I hadn't played it in a decade or so- so my oldest musical instrument is either an Ovation Elite or Washburn acoustic/electric fretless bass, both purchased used in the late 1980s, so I have no clue how old they actually are.

Side note: my last cello instructor's instrument was over 450 years old, and was freaking incredible- a fraction of the mass of mine, and so resonant, he could actually rattle things in the room with an open C.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
My oldest piece of gear is my Crate CR1R made sometime between 1978 and the early 1980's as far as equipment that I actually use it would be either my 1987 Kramer F1000 or my Maxxon built Ibanez TS9 from the 80's but I am not sure of the exact year, newest is probably my Mad Professor 1 overdrive.

I also have a 1989 MIJ Charvel Fusion Custom. The rest of my guitars range from a 1993 MIJ Jackson King V Professional to a 2014 Washburn Parallaxe.

I have a Peavey 6505+ 120watt head and a Mesa Roadster Dual Rectifier 2x12 combo as well as a Randall RG75 amp but I don't know the year of any of them.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Oct 5, 2016,
My oldest piece of gear is a '72 Yamaha 12-string acoustic. Most of the rest is fairly recent, or was when I got it, 2005-08 when I picked them up between 2007-2010, although I also have a '99 Schecter C-7 with hardware and pickups swapped that I found on eBay. I rarely buy new stuff, but I don't seek out old stuff very often either, except for the Yamaha, which was sentimental for me; it's the 12-string version of the same 6-string my grandfather recorded a country single on, from around the same year, and it just feels special to me. (He died before I was born so those two sides on an old 45, and that guitar, are the only way I know him.)

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Oct 7, 2016,
Mighty purdy thar, Tom 1.0.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
'77,'85,2012,2013,2016
2016 Gibson Les Paul Traditional T in Light Burst
'77 Hardtail Strat
Epiphone Sheraton MIK Duncan '59's
MIJ 84/85 Tele
MIM Std Tele
Fender Blues Jnr
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Tom 1.0
Is that a Holcomb SE?

My oldest guitar is a 1989 Squier Bullet and my most recent one is a 2016 Mayones Regius. In between are my 2004 Fender Tele, 2010 Gibson SG and a variety of guitars I have no clue of when they were made.
I have a piece from every decade 1949 to present. I gig with the modern stuff mostly.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis
Most of my gear is fairly modern. My Jackson dates back to 2006, and all of my Gibsons are post 2010. Not sure of the year of my ENGL.

That being said, I have a few vintage things in the rig. The bassman head is a '72, and 2x12 cab w/it is of equal vintage, or possibly older. I have a couple of effect pedals from the 80's (An original Ibanez FL-9, and a Boss CE-2), as well as an old MIDI synth dating back to the late 80's/early 90's.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by I K0nijn I
Tom 1.0
Is that a Holcomb SE?

My oldest guitar is a 1989 Squier Bullet and my most recent one is a 2016 Mayones Regius. In between are my 2004 Fender Tele, 2010 Gibson SG and a variety of guitars I have no clue of when they were made.

Yes it is.

Very nice guitar but slightly underwhelming.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb