Use one of the two preamp outs on the preamp and run it into the effect return on the amp head. Which preamp out doesn't matter, one has more volume than the other, use the 0db to start and if its too quiet try the +10db. A lot of amps have a db boost button for their effect loops in this case its just built into your preamp and not your amp head.
^+1
Also start off with the channel volume set low on the preamp, as far as I remember the 6505mh doesn't have a master volume so the power section will be running full blast when plugged directly into fx return. 20 watts can be pretty darn loud
Quote by tsc86
^+1
Also start off with the channel volume set low on the preamp, as far as I remember the 6505mh doesn't have a master volume so the power section will be running full blast when plugged directly into fx return. 20 watts can be pretty darn loud

thanks guys. its the valveking mh - its got a master volume that i can use and its set to 1 watt for bedroom so its all good
Aaa, Ok. I saw the picture of the back and my mind went straight to 6505MH

Just out of curiosity, how do you like the Rockmaster preamp so far? I own a Peavey Ultra Plus, the preamp section which is based on the Rockmaster and I always wondered how similar or different they actually are.
Haven't played an Ultra Plus so can't compare, but the Rockmaster sounds good to me. I like the extensive tone shaping on the gain channels - real variety of tones and unlimited amount of gain. Really versatile metal pre. No question the dirty channels are way better than the clean though.

There's something wrong with this one atm - the volume fades in and out? Idk much about wiring/electrical so no idea .. I've switched the tubes and stuff but same problem. May have to take it in to a pro.