Poll: Which one would be better choice??
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one would be better choice??
Sterling musicman Majesty
2 67%
Ibanez premium Rg920qz
1 33%
Voters: 3.
Hi iam going to buy new guitar. Which one would be better choice? Sterling music man majesty or Ibanez premium rg920qmz
Hard to say for certain because they're a good bit different. I can't speak for the Premiums as I haven't played them personally, but Sterling makes excellent guitars.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Well one has a double locking trem and the other doesn't. Were you planning on abusing the trem a la Vai? Have you tried them both to see if one seems to be more comfortable for you to play?
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
My vote is for the Sterling.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

DarthVwell basically I don't play vai
....but play a lot of Jason Becker things.....
The trem on the Ibanez looks better and the pickups are US-made so in theory they should be better. I think the bottom cutout on the Ibanez is fugly as is the top "horn" on the Majesty, but I think the Ibanez is a bit less ugly in that regard.
I'd go for a sterling JP shape over the majesty.

However you should try to play them as those guitars will feel radically different.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Thanks all for your reply .. I am going for Majesty... I played both and i feels like majesty is more comfortable to me .. as my previous guitar was also sterling jp60