Nice spacey lead guitar tone and good overall ambient texture, although there are some boomy elements in the mix that may be taking away from the feel you are going for. The main drum might need some EQ cuts, or just be slightly lower in the mix. Did you try playing around with the dynamics of this song? You have a lot of great parts intertwined at times and those could feel even bigger if they were coming in from parts with less instrumentation immediately prior. You have some intricate lead guitar going at ~1:48 so that could be a place where you give that a little more room to shine. If the rest of the instruments drop out that really cues the listener in on whatever is left. Cool song that could be especially slammin with a few minor edits - thanks for sharing and thanks for checking out my music!
Quote by jmako
Nice spacey lead guitar tone and good overall ambient texture, although there are some boomy elements in the mix that may be taking away from the feel you are going for. The main drum might need some EQ cuts, or just be slightly lower in the mix. Did you try playing around with the dynamics of this song? You have a lot of great parts intertwined at times and those could feel even bigger if they were coming in from parts with less instrumentation immediately prior. You have some intricate lead guitar going at ~1:48 so that could be a place where you give that a little more room to shine. If the rest of the instruments drop out that really cues the listener in on whatever is left. Cool song that could be especially slammin with a few minor edits - thanks for sharing and thanks for checking out my music!

Heck ya dude, thanks for the advice! I have a lot to learn as far as EQ and mixing, I'll take all this into consideration for the next video as I plan on spending more time developing it. If everything goes as planned with this song it will be more dynamic, progressive, tight, and hopefully make more sense.

I don't want my songs to basically be just me playing over a backing track.