Moderator elections on Ultimate Guitar Forum!

Do you want to make some changes we believe in? Do you really love UG and want to make it better? Then this is your chance. It’s time for the semi-annual moderator elections!

Each (almost) subforum will get a new moderator and you decide who it’s going to be.

The elections have 3 stages.

1) Nominations
Here are some hints for you on how to make a first step to becoming a moderator.
- Candidates who want to participate in elections must nominate themselves in corresponding threads.
- Candidates must nominate themselves in one subthread only.
- Candidates must nominate themselves within two days starting today (apply till 10.07).

2) Campaign.
You'll have to persuade users, why you're the one who deserves to be a moderator. You're free to promise profound advice and help to inexperienced users, or just things like fun monthly activities and crazy wallpapers. Users can ask you questions about your opinion on controversial subjects etc. The campaign will last for 7 days.

3) Election day!
Each subforum will get a voting poll.

Winners get a moderator status, glory, respect, love, and help from UG in organizing special events.

Basic eligibility for running:
- Account must be more than three months old
- Must have more than 180 posts
- Applicants must have a clear record for the last three months (no warnings or bans).

So you better get your slogans and promises ready
Good luck!

Here's the list of current candidates - and their campaigns:

UPDATE: So it's time to vote! Go to the link and choose a new moderator here!
I'll bite; I like to think I'd at least be preferable to "None of the above".
I hereby nominate myself to give more than one option!

Oh what am I getting myself into?
monwobobbo The way I understood it was to nominate yourself in a corresponding thread (this one) then when campaining starts you create your campaign thread.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I was under the same impression but I did have to read it a few times over.

yeah it's not the most clear thing I've read lately. could have been simple but it's rather long winded. oh well next year if I'm a MOD i'll be more than happy to set it up for easy understanding
monwobobbo I'm good a simplifying things. A vote for me is a vote for everyone!
Quote by Liaztraht
monwobobbo I'm good a simplifying things. A vote for me is a vote for everyone!

you did see that I'm running for this right? I find it real simple to just do it myself . nice try though
Quote by monwobobbo
you did see that I'm running for this right? I find it real simple to just do it myself . nice try though
now you're just complicating things!

I knew too. Doesn't hurt to try
Quote by Liaztraht
now you're just complicating things!

I knew too. Doesn't hurt to try

a good MOD knows how to deal with smart ass posters
Liaztraht

I see your profile is full of drum equipment you do realize this is a guitar forum right, I mean I know drummers get confused sometimes
monwobobbo Good moderators don't harass people.

I play multiple instruments. Just never finished uploading pictures.

If you cannot accept that, then it's your problem.
Quote by Liaztraht
monwobobbo Good moderators don't harass people.

I play multiple instruments. Just never finished uploading pictures.

If you cannot accept that, then it's your problem.

dude I'm just messing with you if I wanted to harass you you'd know it. a sense of humor goes a long way don't take any of this personally I think you'll find that I'm a decent guy and easy to get along with. no reason to get uptight
Quote by monwobobbo
dude I'm just messing with you if I wanted to harass you you'd know it. a sense of humor goes a long way don't take any of this personally I think you'll find that I'm a decent guy and easy to get along with. no reason to get uptight

Hey I was just spitting the same "argument" back. I look forward to running against you
Maybe keep the spam/chatting in here to a minimum.

Also, for a few people who re-read the post a few times, you may be surprsied to see this:

When you decided to nominate yourself, send a message to N-D about it.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
UPDATE: Voting day will be on Oct 13-Oct 14 (two days), so if you're already a candidate, keep promoting yourself and your own campaign (all candidates are mayors in their own campaign threads since now, so feel free to customize your threads as you want ) - show us that you're the best one!
If you haven't nominated yourself, you still can do it - just send a direct message to N-D about it.

So have fun - will waiting for the voting day!
Quote by monwobobbo
put up a thread already for this section but no love so far

Bah.
If I vote, I'm picking you.
Thats at least one vote, maybe.
Quote by CodeMonk
Bah.
If I vote, I'm picking you.
Thats at least one vote, maybe.

thanx Codemonk how's the new job going?
Quote by monwobobbo
thanx Codemonk how's the new job going?

So far so good.
Although I'm a bit of a zombie during the work week after/before I am off work.
But its 3 days one one week, then 4 days on the next week.
This week was 3 days, next is 4 days.
And making new friends (which out where I live is fucking impossible), which is nice.
Quote by CodeMonk
So far so good.
Although I'm a bit of a zombie during the work week after/before I am off work.
But its 3 days one one week, then 4 days on the next week.
This week was 3 days, next is 4 days.
And making new friends (which out where I live is fucking impossible), which is nice.

tough going back to work after be out for an extended period. I know that when I started this job I had to do a couple of 60 hr weeks and thought I was gonna die. gotten more used to it and there is less overtime now. hang in there it will get better after you've had time to adjust.
Quote by monwobobbo
tough going back to work after be out for an extended period. I know that when I started this job I had to do a couple of 60 hr weeks and thought I was gonna die. gotten more used to it and there is less overtime now. hang in there it will get better after you've had time to adjust.

Yeah, I will get used to it.
Its 12 hour days, but 3 then 4 day work weeks. On my feet for most of the day. On my feet is the hard part.
I've done 96 hour weeks before, 16 hour days, 7 days a week, for 22 days straight before. That was rough, but at least I got to sit down.