Moderator elections on Ultimate Guitar Forum!

Do you want to make some changes we believe in? Do you really love UG and want to make it better? Then this is your chance. It’s time for the semi-annual moderator elections!

Each (almost) subforum will get a new moderator and you decide who it’s going to be.

The elections have 3 stages.

1) Nominations
Here are some hints for you on how to make a first step to becoming a moderator.
- Candidates who want to participate in elections must nominate themselves in corresponding threads.
- Candidates must nominate themselves in one subthread only.
- Candidates must nominate themselves within two days starting today (apply till 10.07).

2) Campaign.
You'll have to persuade users, why you're the one who deserves to be a moderator. You're free to promise profound advice and help to inexperienced users, or just things like fun monthly activities and crazy wallpapers. Users can ask you questions about your opinion on controversial subjects etc. The campaign will last for 7 days.

3) Election day!
Each subforum will get a voting poll.

Winners get a moderator status, glory, respect, love, and help from UG in organizing special events.

Basic eligibility for running:
- Account must be more than three months old
- Must have more than 180 posts
- Applicants must have a clear record for the last three months (no warnings or bans).

So you better get your slogans and promises ready
Good luck!

Here's the list of current candidates - and their campaigns:

UPDATE: So it's time to vote! Go to the link and choose a new moderator here!
Quote by diabolical
I want to run for Recording Forum moderator, but not sure where I need to create the thread?

nomination first =)

Then you can create a general thread in Recordings (not in each subforums there, but on the main page)
If this option is locked for you, mods/admins will help you with that =)

Campaign part starts only 10/08
I assumed from your initial post that you nominated yourself by submitting your campaign because stating that you wanted to participate seemed redundant when you could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Too late to postpone mine now I guess.

Linky

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1711007
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 9, 2016,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I assumed from your initial post that you nominated yourself by submitting your campaign because stating that you wanted to participate seemed redundant when you could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Too late to postpone mine now I guess.

you are right, we just want to know who's in as we want to help with
1. sticked threads
2. planning to give you panel to customize your threads
3. not sure what else, but I can be good moral support =)
ok.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
I think T00DEEPBLUE would be good at it personally.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
UPDATE: Voting day will be on Oct 13-Oct 14 (two days), so if you're already a candidate, keep promoting yourself and your own campaign (all candidates are mayors in their own campaign threads since now, so feel free to customize your threads as you want ) - show us that you're the best one!
If you haven't nominated yourself, you still can do it - just send a direct message to N-D about it.

So have fun - will waiting for the voting day!
Seems like a 1 horse race tbh.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care