Moderator elections on Ultimate Guitar Forum!

Do you want to make some changes we believe in? Do you really love UG and want to make it better? Then this is your chance. It’s time for the semi-annual moderator elections!

Each (almost) subforum will get a new moderator and you decide who it’s going to be.

The elections have 3 stages.

1) Nominations
Here are some hints for you on how to make a first step to becoming a moderator.
- Candidates who want to participate in elections must nominate themselves in corresponding threads.
- Candidates must nominate themselves in one subthread only.
- Candidates must nominate themselves within two days starting today (apply till 10.07).

2) Campaign.
You'll have to persuade users, why you're the one who deserves to be a moderator. You're free to promise profound advice and help to inexperienced users, or just things like fun monthly activities and crazy wallpapers. Users can ask you questions about your opinion on controversial subjects etc. The campaign will last for 7 days.

3) Election day!
Each subforum will get a voting poll.

Winners get a moderator status, glory, respect, love, and help from UG in organizing special events.

Basic eligibility for running:
- Account must be more than three months old
- Must have more than 180 posts
- Applicants must have a clear record for the last three months (no warnings or bans).

So you better get your slogans and promises ready
Good luck!

Here's the list of current candidates - and their campaigns:

• Zaphod_Beeblebr
  • jerrykramskoy

UPDATE: So it's time to vote! Go to the link and choose a new moderator here!
Well I'm already president of the galaxy, so I might as well be a short-term mod as well, right?

Seriously though, this sounds like a cool idea and I'm officially nominating myself!

More stuff to come later when I'm not at work!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Album.
Legion.
Anyone else going to stick their neck out for this - you've got until the end of the day!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'd be very happy to be moderator of "Musician Talk" or "Guitar Techniques" since that's where I spend most of my UG time, reading or contributing (aside of writing lessons fpr UG). I need to understandf how much time is expected of this as I am also very close to a product-launch ... so please quaniffy. I'm also potentially wary of conflict of interest as I intend to use this new product to create new lesson content for UG and elsewhere. Thoughts?
https://soundcloud.com/jerry-kramskoy-1
Last edited by jerrykramskoy at Oct 8, 2016,
Hi Jerry, have to admit I'm not entirely sure how that'd work but I can definitely appreciate how there could potentially be some sort of conflict based on what the current rules are with regards to advertising.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Sorry Steve, I was thinking about nominating myself but I'm already running for MT and I'm sticking with that. Shame you didn't have any nominees though, I thought GT was somewhat active
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
^ i thought zaphod nominated himself?

he has my vote anyway, always thought he was a good helpful forum member.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Oh, he did. That's great, he's a nice user and knows his stuff. And they approved Jerry as well, nice
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
steven seagull Steven, I wouldn't be advertising ... I would be writing lessons that link to videos on my website, where the main lesson content is explained using a mix of people playing and the software demonstrating topics in fine detail. (It's not a tab creator!!)
https://soundcloud.com/jerry-kramskoy-1
Ok jerry and Zaphod - have you guys PM'd N-D yet as per the instructions in his original post? I'll be honest, I missed it the first time around as there's a LOT in that post!

Jerry - with regards to the potential concerns you've raised I think having a chat to N-D is probably the best bet. It's definitely a grey area but a member of the staff team should have a clearer view on it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

UPDATE: Voting day will be on Oct 13-Oct 14 (two days), so if you're already a candidate, keep promoting yourself and your own campaign (all candidates are mayors in their own campaign threads since now, so feel free to customize your threads as you want ) - show us that you're the best one!
If you haven't nominated yourself, you still can do it - just send a direct message to N-D about it.

So have fun - will waiting for the voting day!
Just to doublecheck, once the guys have PM'd you, do you create the campaign thread for them or do they need to create it themselves?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Ok jerry and Zaphod - have you guys PM'd N-D yet as per the instructions in his original post? I'll be honest, I missed it the first time around as there's a LOT in that post!

Jerry - with regards to the potential concerns you've raised I think having a chat to N-D is probably the best bet. It's definitely a grey area but a member of the staff team should have a clearer view on it.

yeah jerry's a good guy too as long as there's not that conflict of interest thing.

I thought he was standing in musician talk? Or did he decide to stand in here instead? this is too complicated for me...
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

steven seagull Each candidate should create his own campaign thread - and send a link to it directly to me after it.