Dear Ultimate-Guitar Users,

I had an question which is clearly stated on the subject parameter of this thread.

Does anybody know where I need to begin for such a guitar ? I had the ESP LTD AX-50 in my mind to begin with ? is that a good guitar to actually start playing metal and general guitar theory and all?

If you have any ideas could you please let me know guys

My current budget for a guitar is $340 dollars.

Thanks so much in advance,

AlphaUnlimitedG,

MIJ jackson DKMG/DKMGT/DK2

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Most of what you're looking at in that price range has to do with the *looks* of the guitar rather than any other benefits for playing metal.
In short: Doesn't matter. Buy what you like.
One more thing -- you should anticipate that you might need a really good setup on whatever guitar you choose. I'd budget for it as part of the purchase price. If it doesn't actually happen that you NEED a setup, I'd put that portion of the money away in a nice safe bank account especially designated for hookers and blow (metal, after all).
MIJ Jackson guitars can typically be found used in that price range and are great guitars.

You should consider buying used as you will get more bang for your buck for that budget you ahould be able to find any number of Jackson, Ibanez, LTDs, or Schecter guitar that will be great for metal and going used you will be able to afford a better quality model of any of those than you will get buying a new one at that price.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Evilnine I was thinking now to get the Jackson JS32 Warrior Satin Black what do you think of that guitar or just asking in general to all ultimate-guitar users.
Quote by dspellman
One more thing -- you should anticipate that you might need a really good setup on whatever guitar you choose. I'd budget for it as part of the purchase price. If it doesn't actually happen that you NEED a setup, I'd put that portion of the money away in a nice safe bank account especially designated for hookers and blow (metal, after all).
LOL, thanks for that idea as well xD !
Quote by AlphaUnlimitedG
Evilnine I was thinking now to get the Jackson JS32 Warrior Satin Black what do you think of that guitar or just asking in general to all ultimate-guitar users.

In my experience the JS guitars, like many other ones in that price range, are mediocre.

The Jackson MIJ Pro series guitars sell incredibly cheaply for the level of quality you get. Unless you have iron-clad reservations about buying used guitars (pity if that is the case) and given that a used MIJ does not cost much more than a new JS, it's a complete no-brainer.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
In my experience the JS guitars, like many other ones in that price range, are mediocre.

The Jackson MIJ Pro series guitars sell incredibly cheaply for the level of quality you get. Unless you have iron-clad reservations about buying used guitars (pity if that is the case) and given that a used MIJ does not cost much more than a new JS, it's a complete no-brainer.
So how much are we talking about here ? with the MIJ Pro series ? Because I only have $350 to spend at the moment, just to begin with :/ I'm obviously planning to upgrade it once I get the hang of the first set of guitar that I'm going to be purchasing. Because I thought the pro series were above $600+ and even are at $1000. Is that right ?
Quote by AlphaUnlimitedG
So how much are we talking about here ? with the MIJ Pro series ? Because I only have $350 to spend at the moment, just to begin with :/ I'm obviously planning to upgrade it once I get the hang of the first set of guitar that I'm going to be purchasing. Because I thought the pro series were above $600+ and even are at $1000. Is that right ?

Used? MIJ Pro Series? Nah.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JACKSON-DK2M-DINKY-PRO-SERIES-MIJ-MADE-IN-JAPAN-RED-FAST-MAPLE-NECK-/182216794087

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jackson-Fusion-Standard-Std-Pro-Professional-1991-WHITE-MADE-IN-JAPAN-MIJ-RARE-/302042502251?hash=item465322d46b:g:TskAAOSwawpXrHdE

XQAAOSwqfNXmm">http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jackson-Pro-Series-Dinky-DK2M-Made-in-Japan-/222202585144?hash=item33bc4e6038:gXQAAOSwqfNXmm~j

Of course it depends on where you live and you do have to be fairly quick to snatch one before someone else gets their hands on them.

I bought my MIJ DK2M for £260 on auction. I've heavily modded it since.

Though how much it'll actually cost you depends on whereabouts you live.
Quote by Axelfox
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 6, 2016,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Used? MIJ Pro Series? Nah.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JACKSON-DK2M-DINKY-PRO-SERIES-MIJ-MADE-IN-JAPAN-RED-FAST-MAPLE-NECK-/182216794087

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jackson-Fusion-Standard-Std-Pro-Professional-1991-WHITE-MADE-IN-JAPAN-MIJ-RARE-/302042502251?hash=item465322d46b:g:TskAAOSwawpXrHdE

XQAAOSwqfNXmm">http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jackson-Pro-Series-Dinky-DK2M-Made-in-Japan-/222202585144?hash=item33bc4e6038:gXQAAOSwqfNXmm~j

Of course it depends on where you live and you do have to be fairly quick to snatch one before someone else gets their hands on them.

I bought my MIJ DK2M for £260 on auction. I've heavily modded it since.

Though how much it'll actually cost you depends on whereabouts you live.

Yeah I get it.

Unfortunately I'm situated in Eindhoven, The Netherlands I was just trying to explain it in the $ dollar currency to show my understanding according to this current forum and things majorly been talked about in US. That's why.

Nevertheless, Im planning to customize/modify my guitar as I progress like you've mentioned and have done it yourself.

With guitar customization for example the pickups would you recommend Seymour Duncan or EMG's or any other brand particularly that would sound superb and within the top-class range of electric guitars?

Thanks in advance,

Doga
What sort of guitars sell in your local used market within your budget? Can you provide links?

Given you're in Europe and in case you have no option but to buy new and sight unseen, I heavily recommend buying from Thomann. Their stock is very competitively priced and they have solid customer service.

It isn't too wise to spend money on replacing pickups until you get a decent amp though. What amp do you currently have?
Quote by Axelfox
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What sort of guitars sell in your local used market within your budget? Can you provide links?

Given you're in Europe and in case you have no option but to buy new and sight unseen, I heavily recommend buying from Thomann. Their stock is very competitively priced and they have solid customer service.

It isn't too wise to spend money on replacing pickups until you get a decent amp though. What amp do you currently have?

Yeah I was thinking Thomann too.

I've got a pretty shit guitar a "Crafter Convoy Fm" lol xD
And my current amp probably is shit too its: Roland Cube-30X COSM AC 230V-50/60 Hz (34 Watts)

Do you think I'll need a new amp? :/ Im eventually planning to get a new one soon but I'll be relocating to Tokyo, Japan soon that's why wanted to buy my guitar from here could get it from Japan as well but thinking that japanese products are more expensive for me atm wanted to get my guitar from my current location.
That's an interesting situation to be in.

I'd really strongly recommend upgrading your amp to something better. I'd recommend looking at what Jet City has to offer. They're incredible for the price.

I'd do some research into what you can buy in Japan. They sell guitars there that are unique for that market and they are well worth investigating.
Quote by Axelfox