I'm interested in getting the Orange Micro Dark but I don't see any bass, mid, or high controls, just shape, volume, and gain. I don't know if this is a stupid question but how do I get access to those controls.
you don't access those controls. it is basically like just having one knob going from dark to bright.

can't say i like the micro or micro dark, but if the control is similar to my dual terror, it is pretty usable.

my dual terror having the single tone knob doesn't leave me wanting.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup
I want a thrash tone so with this single knob should I be fine? Or should I look into different amps?
Quote by giroroscar
trashedlostfdup
I want a thrash tone so with this single knob should I be fine? Or should I look into different amps?

i am not a fan of the orange micro's. though i will say that they sound better through a proper cab. as far as the single knob, yeah you will be fine. on my dual terror, i play blues to thrash to heavier stuff on mine. a pedal out front may help you out a bit.

just don't buy one with the shitty 8" speaker, i have tried it with that and other speakers, and that stock speaker is absolutely terrible. so get the head if you do.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup
Thank you so much for your help man, I think I'm gonna go with the Micro Dark. There's a cab that I heard works well with the micro's and its about 60W and I've heard 60W is good for gigging so I think I'll use those two anyways thanks again!
60w cab plugged into a 20w amp won't make the entire rig 60w, it's still going to be 20w rig just with a cab that won't give you speaker breakup.

You can use the micro for gigging but unless you have a quiet drummer and are the only guitarist in the band (or the other guy is using exactly the same rig), you'll have to be miced, because you're going to be drowned out by the other instruments.
I have the Tiny Terror and with OD in front it does great thrash tones. The single tone control is not an issue as you already have at least another tone control on your guitar so you can cover a wide range with that. Usually I set mine a bit brighter, at about 3 o'clock and roll off on the tone control if needed. The overdrive pedal also brightens it up a bit.

The solid state Orange amps are OK but don't think you're buying a proper Orange as you're not. I'd advise to save up just a bit more and get the Dark Terror or Tiny Terror or maybe a Jet CIty or 6505 or DSL40C combo.

Notice that these clips are recorded with their much bigger speaker:
https://orangeamps.com/micro-dark/
How appropriate the amp is depends on the kind of thrash tones you're looking for.

I think its well worth saving up for something a bit better than the Orange Micro amps as while they're super cute, their lack of controls does hold them back. I would suggest getting an EQ pedal and putting it in the effects loop.

I would also suggest getting at least a 1x12 12" speaker cabinet. Harley Benton has a 112 with a Celestion V30 that's very cheap, it's as good as you'll get for the price range unless you consider buying used.

If it was me I'd get an amp with more controls and is preferably all tube.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care