Hi, So I am very interested about buying an EVH wolfgang. I researched alot and played some copies and axis music man's so i am very curious how the Wolfgang will sound.

I know that the custom has a chrome cover for the humbuckers and i am wondering will that make a normal Wolfgang USA stealth sound darker ?

I heard alot of wolfgang demo's and they sound like guitars for heavy metal and hard rock.

So i tried alot of Sg's like the special ones and the ltd and even an epiphone sg 400. They all sound great, powerfull and dark compared to a wolfgang which is abit brighter.

I know there is alot of settings i can do to make a wolfgang sound like an sg but i was just wondering, Can the USA custom with chrome covered humbuckers sound dark and a bit more friendly than a stealth ?

Coz i like alot of punk, pop punk or pop rock music although i do like some heavy metal bands
Well some of those EVH customs have straight mahogany bodies, with one with a flame maple cap with a basswood body (or go nuts for the $13k tour replica that's basswood/maple) so they won't sound exactly the same.

The pickup covers will change the tone a little bit, but I don't think you'll notice it. Another thing to add, if the stock pickups aren't to your liking you can always swap them out for something else. Figure if you're going to splurge on a $4000+ guitar, a pickup swap wouldn't be a huge deal!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
if you check around you'll find that a couple of metal bands have guitar players that use eddie's guitars . as for making the guitar sound dark or whatever that really has more to do with your amp than the guitar. yes a guitar can be naturally dark or trebly but a few EQ tweeks can solve that in most cases.
not to deter you, but i did actually try one. very nice guitar. top line for sure, i just think at that price there would be other things i would be looking at.

i have played two EBMM BFR's and i thought they were some of the nicest guitars i have ever laid hands on. they are around the same price.

you are also in territory for some other top tier stuff. maybe you should look around more.

especially a lot of cash for something that you don't know how it 'does metal'.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/