Page 1 of 2
I tried finding a thread for Ibanez "fanboys" but couldn't find any. So I though I'd make one!

Share some stories, pictures, desires, and comments about Ibanez things here!

I'm an Ibanez kind of guy, I believe they put out versatile and quality instruments all around.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup
Beautiful set of guitars there man, which one is your favorite?

I see a Crunch Lab pup in the left, and set of Seymour Duncans' in the second to left... The one second to right is that a set of Dimarzio's also?

What is your opinions on the Dimarzios vs SD's in Ibanez guitars?
Quote by allen15scroggins
trashedlostfdup
Beautiful set of guitars there man, which one is your favorite?

I see a Crunch Lab pup in the left, and set of Seymour Duncans' in the second to left... The one second to right is that a set of Dimarzio's also?

What is your opinions on the Dimarzios vs SD's in Ibanez guitars?

all dimarzios. TZ/AN, CL/LQ, dimarzio/ibz, and one the shitty ibanez 'V' stockers.

oddly enough i have never been a fan of SD's in ibanez' lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

trashedlostfdup

Same here dude! Lol

Also, my bad I thought there was the text with the standardized Seymour Duncan stamped on the faces of those pickups haha!

no worries. i actually like the dimarzio/ibz quite a bit. i yanked them in favor of the CL/LQ in the 2570, but i have them still in the 2550GBK, and i like them more than i remembered. i did a little research on the dimarzio/ibz pickups and contrary to what i thought, they were wound by dimarzio for ibanez specifically (i would have thought they were more or less just be stamped to make it more appealing), but the bridge is similar to a dimarzio super distortion (which after hearing that i did notice the simularities). they aren't bad, i don't think i will be swapping them. i don't know what to do with the extra pair though.

i bought myself a fifth prestige that i get to open on Christmas (the Mrs. won't let me open until then ). that is a 3521 with the TZ/AN combo with the tight end bridge. i am excited to get it.

i will likely buy my sixth and final (for a while) in January. i am looking for another hardtail. pretty much whatever pops up at the time for the right price.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

trashedlostfdup

Lucky Lucky you dude! Have a blast with it when the time comes!

thanks. they will be posted on here.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

Sweet! I'm going to post my youngn's up here. Hope to nab an S series with the poplar maple top one day! I love that look!

Never played a prestige before but have played a few premiums and my goodness I fell in love with the neck! Very smooth fast and awesome! I settled for an Ibanez s 570dxqm that day because I couldn't afford the Premium that i had been playing that day but one could easily tell the quality difference in playability between the two. So easy and smooth!
Sweet! I'm going to post my youngn's up here. Hope to nab an S series with the poplar maple top one day! I love that look!

Never played a prestige before but have played a few premiums and my goodness I fell in love with the neck! Very smooth fast and awesome! I settled for an Ibanez s 570dxqm that day because I couldn't afford the Premium that i had been playing that day but one could easily tell the quality difference in playability between the two. So easy and smooth!

the Prestiges are a solid step up IMO. I have never owned an S series before. I have played a few, and the MIJ ones are pretty nice.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup
no worries. i actually like the dimarzio/ibz quite a bit. i yanked them in favor of the CL/LQ in the 2570, but i have them still in the 2550GBK, and i like them more than i remembered. i did a little research on the dimarzio/ibz pickups and contrary to what i thought, they were wound by dimarzio for ibanez specifically (i would have thought they were more or less just be stamped to make it more appealing), but the bridge is similar to a dimarzio super distortion (which after hearing that i did notice the simularities). they aren't bad, i don't think i will be swapping them. i don't know what to do with the extra pair though.

yeah dimarzio does actually make the dimarzio/ibz, it says so on the faq section of the dimarzio site. i remember trying them next to the tone zone/air norton combo in another ibanez and i preferred the TZ/AN, but probably more because they're alnico. If you actually like ceramic better (or more accurately, the pickups they're based on), I don't think they're objectively worse than "real" dimarzios.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

The wizard necks are too thin for my man hands.

But the neck on my Destroyer is close to perfect.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah dimarzio does actually make the dimarzio/ibz, it says so on the faq section of the dimarzio site. i remember trying them next to the tone zone/air norton combo in another ibanez and i preferred the TZ/AN, but probably more because they're alnico. If you actually like ceramic better (or more accurately, the pickups they're based on), I don't think they're objectively worse than "real" dimarzios.

That is what I was trying to say. lol.

its not like duncan designed and SD and relationships like that.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

^ yeah
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

I'm extremely jealous lol, Poplar Maple Top, my most favorite looking guitar!

I love it! Your's is beautiful , reminds me of space and galaxies lol. Beautiful piece you put together (Airborn)

I went from a tone zone in the bridge in my RG, do you guys think it'd sound as good on an S series? I'm looking to upgrade the pups I might try the TZ/AN combo but not sure because it's mahogany and really thin...
Last edited by toekneewin90 at Oct 8, 2016,
Quote by toekneewin90
I love it! Your's is beautiful , reminds me of space and galaxies lol. Beautiful piece you put together (Airborn)

I went from a tone zone in the bridge in my RG, do you guys think it'd sound as good on an S series? I'm looking to upgrade the pups I might try the TZ/AN combo but not sure because it's mahogany and really thin...

A stripped S series body looks like this:

It;s thin at the edges, but the middle has to be deep enough for the pickup route(it's about an inch deep), the rear trem cavity(about 2/3 to 3/4") with solid wood in between, so that bit is about 2" front to back.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
slapsymcdougal
Quote by toekneewin90

Haha thank you! That's what really made me pickup the guitar was the look. I love the look of this guitar! And thank you for checking out my stuff! If you have any material out there I'll check yours out too.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
The wizard necks are too thin for my man hands.

But the neck on my Destroyer is close to perfect.

I actually really like the Wizard profiles but the Wizard 5pc (prestige) necks put the 3's to shame in my opinion. So smooth and fast, I actually tried finding one of those necks to stick on my S570dxqm because I like the guitar but would greatly prefer one of those necks.

I love my American Strat neck though, that ones tough to beat!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
the Prestiges are a solid step up IMO. I have never owned an S series before. I have played a few, and the MIJ ones are pretty nice.

^ This guy loves to brag about his Prestiges, that's all good as soon as as figure out where he lives he will be missing one or two of them I would take all of them but I have to leave some room in the car so I can grab 2 or 3 of his tube amps (he has so many he won't even miss them)
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Oct 10, 2016,
I prefer RG's over the S series personally although I do not own either. I have only one Ibanez it is a neck through Xiphos XPT700BCM it is awesome the only thing that lets it down is the Edge III which I will replace eventually with an Edge Pro.

The Blue Chameleon paint flips from blue to green and it is hard to get a picture that is not one or the other so I'm posting two shots.

A Prestige RG is on the top of my GAS list!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Oct 10, 2016,
Evilnine dayum! that is a nice looking guitar. I haven't seen one of those in quite a while. IIRC they were only made for like 2 years, right?

sweet!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

Actually like the IBZ's in my 2550e & 2570 and the TZ/AN in the 3570z, but I've replaced the V7/V8s in my 1570 (painkiller/liquifire), 121 (CL/LF), S5470 (titans), 1527 (CL/LF), s470 (d-activator bridge only) and s540 (mo joe & PAF Joe).

Here's my fleet, some have had pickups replaced since they were photographed:

Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs

Also have a thing for planet waves Satriani straps lol
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs

This is an Ibanez RG560M...well actually not really. It's a clone of one since they didn't make that one here in the States, its comprised of an RG550 Neck from 1991 and a 1989 RG560 body. Its not my favorite guitar in the world, but it is unique. It has a Tom Anderson H3+ in the bridge and a set of Texas Specials in the neck and middle position.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
DarthV

Same here, I really like their straps with the built in strap "locks". Planet Waves Planet Lock guitar straps.

I use the regular straps with Schaller strap locks.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
DarthV That is a nice collection, as always.

i just decided today that i am going to keep the 'dimarzio/ibz' pickups in my 2550GBK.

i still have an extra set and don't know what to put them in... lol. i don't think i will be buying any other 'cheap' guitar that could benefit from them, and they say 'ibz' on them which could make it awkward with another brand. lol. maybe i will pick up a MIJ s-series model if i can find a decent cheapie.

i do need to throw new pickups in the 1570, but i haven't decided what. it is my only droptuned full floater (C#std), so i have no idea what to put in there. i am thinking a pair of d-activators, but am unsure. i won't be bothering with the SC.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

DarthV what do you think about the d-activator in the S?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

It's got quite a bit of output, I have the s470 in Eb. It seems to work really well with the mahogany body of the S. Most of the stuff I play on that one is AiC, Slayer and other metal (maybe throw in some VH) and the D-activator works great for that. For the s5470 in D standard, I really like how articulate the titans are.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Alright boys I just picked up a Dimarzio True Velvet getting ready to throw this PUP in my Ibanez s570dxqm.

Currently it has the Dimarzio (FRED - Neck and Crunch Lab - Bridge) standard INF1 in the mid.

Hoping this combo works well together!
Alright boys I just picked up a Dimarzio True Velvet getting ready to throw this PUP in my Ibanez s570dxqm.

Currently it has the Dimarzio (FRED - Neck and Crunch Lab - Bridge) standard INF1 in the mid.

Hoping this combo works well together!

cool,! let us know how it sounds!

I think that is what I have in my 3550mz and it serves my needs.

I would be tempted to try a SC sized bucker in the middle like a fast track 2 or something.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

I would be tempted to try a SC sized bucker in the middle like a fast track 2 or something.

I really thought about getting the Dimarzio Cruiser or the Fast Track, and I still might in the future.

I won the True Velvet on Ebay for $28 so I couldn't resist lol and if I don't like it I'm almost sure I can make a little money off of it, then I'll invest in one of the above!
trashedlostfdup
Quote by trashedlostfdup

I also plan on making a before/after vid comparing the previous pickup (which is the cruddy INF1 pup) with the 'True Velvet' neither of them are hum-canceling.
trashedlostfdup

I also plan on making a before/after vid comparing the previous pickup (which is the cruddy INF1 pup) with the 'True Velvet' neither of them are hum-canceling.

sounds good
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

I'm not a huge fan of the Ibanez 6-strings (I love Jackson for 6s) but I do have to admit I absolutely love the Ibanez 7-8 string guitars and 5-6 string basses. They're actual works of art. Here's mine:

Didn't cost much either! I really want to try the 7 string PAF pickups though because I love that brutal passive sound!
Who needs shred when you've got rhythm guitar? :^)
Guitars:
Jackson King V (With a Wilde L500XL in the bridge)
Ibanez Iron Label RGIX27FEQM (7-string)
adexder Nice!

I have never got along with 7 stringers. Jackson does make some nice 6 stringers. I have had a few of them.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

Page 1 of 2