Then
10 28%
Now
12 33%
Equally awful
14 39%
Voters: 36.
The Pit.

Was it better back then 2006-2010 ish, or now (post 2012)

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Much better now. It's been particularly hospitable as of late. The only downside is that there has been a lack of entertaining trolls for a while.
It's chill now

Back then I remember laughing my tits off nearly every time I logged in but then I check one of those threads and I just cringe.

Weird techno music suddenly crests the horizon.

Quote by UltimateGuizar
It's a magical place.

Tahiti?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
This place got a lot better in August 2013
kitty on my foot and I wanna touch it
meow meow meow meow meow meow
Considering I'm here post 2012 I'd have to say the BC or "Before Chazz" times were better
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by sashki
2006-2008 and 2009 onwards were very different eras in terms of Pit content

this
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
They both have their awful charms.

It was a bit more wild before tho
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The old Pit was full of people quoting a demotivational poster and commenting "LOL epic!"

As much as I rag on the usual suspects around here for their meaningless ironicism they call #banter, I'd much rather have that then what was essentially long-form 9gag.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
Last edited by JustRooster at Oct 9, 2016,
the pit was thriving when i joined in 2012
every thread would get pages of lulzy replies and almost every time i came to the pit i would see UG members that i have never seen before.
it was pretty exciting time .

now its more close-knit, so everyone here knows eachother pretty well, so that's also cool.
i like that now the mods make more threads and reply to posts and join in on the convo, and i definitely feel like this is more of a chat room than ever before.
i was not around that long ago to know if there were this many "ill suck ur dick if i can be a mod lol" threads, but if there weren't, old pit was better
=^● ⋏ ●^=
myanimelist! | steam!
---------
i'm a waste of my freedom / cause i have imprisoned myself
with this crippling lack of wealth / and my decaying sense of self
Equally awful but the amount of new content and users actually posting 'back then' was a lot higher. I think I preferred the higher turnover of threads and posts.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
Equally awful but the amount of new content and users actually posting 'back then' was a lot higher. I think I preferred the higher turnover of threads and posts.

Well then, you'll have to come here and post more.
Quote by k.lainad
the pit was thriving when i joined in 2012
every thread would get pages of lulzy replies and almost every time i came to the pit i would see UG members that i have never seen before.
it was pretty exciting time .

now its more close-knit, so everyone here knows eachother pretty well, so that's also cool.
i like that now the mods make more threads and reply to posts and join in on the convo, and i definitely feel like this is more of a chat room than ever before.

2012 was when the decline was in full bloom

Quote by EndTheRapture51
2012 was when the decline was in full bloom

Agree. Started on October 27, 2008 though

edit: hey, that's the day I met my missus
Quote by sam b
Agree. Started on October 27, 2008 though

edit: hey, that's the day I met my missus

If I get perma'd does that mean you'll divorce then

Quote by EndTheRapture51
If I get perma'd does that mean you'll divorce then

Only one way to find out. Mods, do your work!
I didn't post back then so I can't really say. There used to be a lot more shoop threads before though, which is one thing this place has been lacking lately.
Back in the day the Pit could be totally terrifying, now it's a bit more welcoming, but the downside is that there's less traffic, so sometimes you can see the e-tumbleweeds pass by
Yes I am falling
How much longer
Till I hit the ground?
(biased) It was best 03-06 before popularity blew up/other tab sites died and we had a huge influx of trash.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
You arent cool unless you were down with OLGA before all these UltimateGuitar plebes.

OLGA got the shaft big time
I'll go with then because there were more people and that meant more activity, more discussions, and more diverse opinions. Nowadays it's all so predictable what everyone will make threads on and how everyone will reply (myself included)
It was my privilege
Quote by EyeNon15
You arent cool unless you were down with OLGA before all these UltimateGuitar plebes.

OLGA got the shaft big time

back in 98 when I first got a guitar, I was bouncing between olga, guitaretab and a few others I forget. UG was some fledging joke way down the list until it got it's shit together a few years later and outdid the competition enough that I kept coming back and then wandered into the forums one day.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
OLGA took the bullet though, it got virtually shut down while others came behind it doing the same thing without nearly as much repercussions
Quote by institutions
i was not around that long ago to know if there were this many "ill suck ur dick if i can be a mod lol" threads, but if there weren't, old pit was better

Actually, there was a bunch of threads like that Lmao
I genuinely can't remember there being much difference across the 10 years that I've been here.