Page 1 of 5
I've searched a bit to see if there has been a thread with this topic, but I haven't found anything, so...

Why do women like that "alpha male" type of guys?

For example, there's a male teacher at my university who is 40 years old, not married, and considered to be a real, rugged man by most of my female colleagues. The guy is a major asshole towards pretty much all his students during the exams (even to the girls who are attracted to him). Moreover, I've been told recently by a female colleague that the guy is following two of the female students from our year on Instagram (even though he reportedly has a girlfriend). What surprised me was the fact that my friend still likes to fantasise about him, although she condemns his social network lurking and says he's basically a creep because of that.

Also, there's one of the male colleagues in our class about whom some of my female friends like to talk about, who is also this rugged asshole who keeps up this "alpha male" image.

I admit I made this thread partly because of my jealousy and insecurities, but for the most part, I'm really curious as to why do girls like these unreliable men who have only one thing on their minds (you know what I'm talking about).
ive chopped wood before.

with a hatchet.

am i rugged now?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ive chopped wood before.

with a hatchet.

am i rugged now?

The guys in my examples are rugged (from what I can tell) in the sense that they both got square jawlines, 5 o'clock shadows and a distinctive voice (the teacher has a raspy, mid-pitched voice; the colleague has a deep boomy voice). Furthermore, the teacher is a well-built guy who is also a kendo instructuor.
Quote by Scratcher17
I admit I made this thread partly because of my jealousy and insecurities

you don't say
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by Scratcher17
unreliable men who have only one thing on their minds (you know what I'm talking about).

what's he talking about guys
Quote by Rossenrot

Well the dude is rugged so maybe going to see the game later and down a six pack of beer while smoking.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Rossenrot
Which brand of pomade makes their beard look most "I just got out of bed and haven't been styling since 4:40am like a bitch".
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
>see this thread
>mfw
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I think the real question here is why aren't women attracted to insecure men who get jealous over every little thing regardless of if it actually effects them or not and who think it's considerate to hide any desire or ambition to fuck any woman ever?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Last edited by Victory2134 at Oct 7, 2016,
I imagine he's attractive on top of filling several niche's some girls might like, in manliness, and in authority/student-teacher role, etc.

If he's an actual jerk I'm sure that deducts points rather than make him even more irresistible.

He seems pretty reliable, has job, job equals money, he just might not be loyal to one women.

Either way if I were an attractive female I'd just like whoever had money and wouldn't make me work.
Last edited by stratkat at Oct 7, 2016,
Quote by Victory2134
I think the real question here is why aren't women attracted to insecure men who get jealous over every little thing regardless of if it actually effects them or not and who think it's considerate to hide any desire or ambition to fuck any woman ever?

I know right? Those are the real winners.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by stratkat
I imagine he's attractive on top of filling several niche's some girls might like, in manliness, and in authority/student-teacher role, etc.

If he's an actual jerk I'm sure that deducts points rather than make him even more irresistible.

Either way if I were an attractive female I'd just like whoever had money and wouldn't make me work.
Also like their vag.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Also like their vag.

Any 40+ year old juggling between college chicks and girlfriends has to be a pretty cool guy, the more I think about it, the more I think TS is probably just a hater.
I'm one of the biggest jerks around and I only have a few girlfriends, so this theory isn't valid!
op you need to become a tough guy i suggest growing a moustache and getting some nunchucks
cuz a weak man is gonna die and be unable to provide protection&stability
It was my privilege
Quote by StewieSwan
cuz a weak man is gonna die and be unable to provide protection&stability

Joke's on them bc while they were out partying OP was studying the blade.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Don't worry OP, you want feel more secure i got you covered bro.

Step 1: Get fit

This one could take a while so just keep it in your mind while we go through the rest of the steps.

Step 2: Shave your beard with an electric razor that doesn't really cut that closely. Instant sexy man shadow. If you can pull it off, keep really thin sideburns that run all the way around your jawline to your goatee. If you can't pull it off then you're going to have to deal with not having a sexy pronounced jaw.

Let me know when you finish that and we can move on to the next step.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134

I think that both these guys have this certain confidence and charisma that has evaded me through most of my life up to this point (being unpopular and mocked and sometimes bullied throughout kindergarten, elementary school and high school, while they probably had the typical socially well-adjusted childhood, although the student (the other guy) has went through some serious issues and his attitude and behaviour are supposedly an act, according to a confidential source).

However, just to point out, there's a girl (who I'm in love with) who is one of the few female students who aren't attracted to the teacher because she can see through his bullshit. I have strong feelings for that girl, so I'm not really into trying to attract as much women as I can, just her. Also, she had a fling with the other asshole, but he wasn't into having a relationship with her, so she was badly hurt by his actions (he wasn't acting like an asshole while being with her, that's how she fell under his spell). I made this thread because this question has been on my mind for some time, so I'm curious to find out what is it about that type of guys.
Cuck nation all up in here.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Scratcher17
I think that both these guys have this certain confidence and charisma that has evaded me through most of my life up to this point (being unpopular and mocked and sometimes bullied throughout kindergarten, elementary school and high school, while they probably had the typical socially well-adjusted childhood, although the student (the other guy) has went through some serious issues and his attitude and behaviour are supposedly an act, according to a confidential source).

However, just to point out, there's a girl (who I'm in love with) who is one of the few female students who aren't attracted to the teacher because she can see through his bullshit. I have strong feelings for that girl, so I'm not really into trying to attract as much women as I can, just her. Also, she had a fling with the other asshole, but he wasn't into having a relationship with her, so she was badly hurt by his actions (he wasn't acting like an asshole while being with her, that's how she fell under his spell). I made this thread because this question has been on my mind for some time, so I'm curious to find out what is it about that type of guys.
Yea, you're not.

What you have there is an unhealthy obsession at worst. At best, well, [url="(Invalid video video code)]this.
Quote by Diemon Dave
At best, well, [url="(Invalid video video code)]this.

My thoughts exactly
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Yea, you're not.

What you have there is an unhealthy obsession at worst. At best.

Beta creeps with shrines for girls that take it in the pooper on weekends on the reggo but never put out for them.

State of male kind.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Victory2134
My thoughts exactly
Yup. Invalid video codes all up in this bitch.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Yup. Invalid video codes all up in this bitch.

You know you just put the youtube link direct after taking out the s in HTTPS right?
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You know you just put the youtube link direct after taking out the s in HTTPS right?
I wasn't wanting to embed the video, I was wanting to use the word "this" as a hotlink to the video.
Quote by Diemon Dave
It's in your head. You're trying to rationalize it and make sense of it in your head and often that results in "all girls are attracted to X, that must be it". But it's not true.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Cuck nation all up in here.

All rise for the cuck national anthem
Whyyyyy do woooomen,
liiiiiiiike that "alpha male" type of guyyyyyyyyyyyyyys?

shutup it's 4am where i am and this is funny

Quote by slapsymcdougal
I wasn't wanting to embed the video, I was wanting to use the word "this" as a hotlink to the video.

Yeah I had the same problem recently, don't know how to hyperlink youtube videos on here.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Ah well. At any rate, it was a video for a song called "Just in Lust".
Quote by Diemon Dave
I guess that's what I get for getting the bright idea to make a thread in the Pit.
Last edited by Scratcher17 at Oct 7, 2016,
Quote by Scratcher17
You can't be the judge of whether I'm in love or not. You don't know anything about me (except what I've written here so far).

I guess that's what I get for getting the bright idea to make a thread in the Pit.

Indeed. For all we know you are a serial killer with an unhealthy obsession for Jodie Foster.

Likely, some of us would posit.
Are you asking why women like fit, confident attractive men?

Or are you asking why women are attracted to this particular fit, confident, attractive man who also happens to have a respected career?
TBH, though, I suspect why 'that type of guy' is more successful with women than TS because.....

wait for it

wait for it

they actually ask them out.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
TBH, though, I suspect why 'that type of guy' is more successful with women than TS because.....

wait for it

wait for it

they actually ask them out.

Hey buddy, he's just waiting for the right moment.

Not yet....

keep waiting....

the moment's gonna pop up any day now...
Page 1 of 5