So, I'm looking to eventually snag a bass, but I'm not sure if I should go 4- or 5-string and what tuning would best compliment what I use with guitar.

Currently I use Drop C (CGCFAD) and 7-string Drop A (AEADGBE) and am tooling around with drop B (BF#BEG#C#). I'm sorta thinking 4-string BEAD would be a happy medium, but still haven't worked it out. I generally delve into hard rock and metal. Korn, Periphery, Sevendust, Chevelle...I dig a lot of stuff, so I'm looking for a bass configuration that would best compliment a mind that looks like a squirrel in tunings.
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10
Amp/Effects:
Peavy Vypyr 30, ISP Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
Yeah, I keep coming back to the 5-string offering more. Alt tunings seem great, and as much as I'd like to have a bazillion guitars (and probably basses) sticking with one is probably going to make life easier. I can run my 7-string with B-tuning to match a lot easier than try multiple string gauges. Nothing is required, so much as mess around in the original material's tuning---fun, but again, my ideas and reality don't work together.
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10
Amp/Effects:
Peavy Vypyr 30, ISP Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
For playing that low, defo a 5 string.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!