So as per my other recent posts I am not great with the technical guitar know how (im more of a singer) but I am trying to get a good Rockabilly guitar sound. I am playing a Fender Baja (for now) through a Vox AC30 amp and I've got a Boss TU-3 tuner, a Boss DD3 delay for slapback and I've just bought an Electro Harmonix LPB-1 boost pedal for boosting my lead breaks as cleanly as I can.

So I really need some advice on how I should be setting these pedals up, in which order please? I am guessing the Tuner comes first so that the signal is direct? But then which one next?

Also I've only got some really dodgy patch leads and a couple of crappy old guitar leads so I could really do with buying all new cables, can anyone recommend good guitar leads and patch cables for joining the pedals please? I don't want to pay loads BUT I will if it means much better reliability, I want my gear to last. Should I be buying the shortest possible cables to cut down chance of noise? As I said my knowledge is poor at best.

And finally should I be getting a pedal board? Will this make my life easier if I am always gonna use the 3 pedals?

HUGE thanks in advance for any advice chaps, sorry to sound like such a nube but this is all very important to me. This site rocks!!
Tuner, booster, delay is the order I would do in front of the amp.

If you have an effects loop you can also put the delay there and run the tuner and booster in front of the amp like you normally would.

If you have 3 pedals a board isnt worth it IMO. If you wanna make a small one out of wood scraps sure but buying one would be a waste for me.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Cables do matter, but as long as you are not buying really cheap stuff (or you have a lot of backups) I would not worry about them too much. I make my own cables so I can recommend materials for that, but methinks you would want premade and I am not too familiar with the preamade cable market. In my experience though, avoid the cheap cables that have molded ends. You want cables where you can open up the housing to. Also, generally you want your patch cables to be as short as possible. The longer the cable, the more capacitance happens to your tone. Essentially and basically, your tone just gets darker with long cables. However, the runs from your guitar to board and board to amp will have to have some length of course. 18 feet is my general maximum recommendation before noticeable capacitance happens.

Buying/making a board is very useful so you do not have to set up your pedals every time you play. If you are just using 3 pedals, you can buy really cheap boards or even make one yourself. Just a finished slab of wood would be fine. I would also recommend getting a wall power supply for your pedals as you do not want to have to change batteries all the time. Something like the Truetone 1-Spot Daisy Chain would work great for your setup and use and I think all your pedals will be fine with that PSU.

On the order of the pedals, putting the LPB-1 in the effects loop of the amp will give you much more a volume boost than grit. However, you will have to work around 3 long cables running from your board to amp and back again. If you put the LPB-1 in front of the amp (to the main input) you will get more grit than volume. However, I think you could run the LPB-1 like that and get the results you would want, if you are running the amp as clean as you did in the video from the last thread. So Tuner > Delay > Boost. Actually you probably could run all 3 pedals in the effects loop. Your delay trails will be a bit cleaner and more defined, which you may or may not like.
Last edited by Will Lane at Oct 7, 2016,