Hi guys, im from Turkey. I play thrash metal generally and looking for a good amplifire. I will play nu-alternative metal too when i buy a guitar for down-drop tuning. I got 500 $ budget. Can you give me suggestions what to buy ?
I can buy Blackstar HT5RH-HT112 cab. on 1200TL=400$. If i buy it, i must buy a chorus and a distortion pedal(metal muff i think).
What different amplifire can i buy ?
Last edited by berdin_turgut at Oct 8, 2016,
Peavey XXX. $300 used all day long. One of the best amps for Thrash IMO. GAIN .... FOR .... DAYS ....
Quote by Xander_X
Peavey XXX. $300 used all day long. One of the best amps for Thrash IMO. GAIN .... FOR .... DAYS ....

he's in Turkey and I haven't seen any XXX's for $300 lately
Quote by monwobobbo
he's in Turkey and I haven't seen any XXX's for $300 lately

+1 there used to be a ton of ultras/xxx/jsx's on the market for stupid cheap prices. i don't know where they all went.

i snagged my JSX for about $320 earlier this year. but i actually want to pick up an XXX, and there aren't many out there.

but yeah, in Turkey, i would go thomann if you can, if not scrounge around for what you can find.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I looked on Guitar Center Used about 3-4 days ago, they had 4 for $300 and under.
Hi guys, ı bought ht5rh ht112 and im very happy.
I start evet day 2 hours practice to be a legend. Thx u all.
Quote by Xander_X
I looked on Guitar Center Used about 3-4 days ago, they had 4 for $300 and under.

you sure you're not looking at the XXL which is a solid state version of the JSX?

checked just now and nope not a 1, $550 for XXX head was lowest price. they had a couple of beat looking JSX combos for $350-400 but no heads in that price range and not an Ultra to be found period.
I don't want to bag on these amps much as they're not that bad, but both XXX and Ultra are not all that great either...the XXX has one useful (out of 3) channel...now the JSX on the other hand is amazing...maybe we oversold it on here?
Anyway, these pop up on craigslist locally.
Quote by monwobobbo
you sure you're not looking at the XXL which is a solid state version of the JSX?

checked just now and nope not a 1, $550 for XXX head was lowest price. they had a couple of beat looking JSX combos for $350-400 but no heads in that price range and not an Ultra to be found period.

Nope, just bought another one in mint condition for $300 there. There's one on there now for $300, one for $350, when I bought mine there was one for $250, and another for $199. Didn't know about those, I just happen to walk into a store out of state and saw the one I bought, realized I missed mine and bought it. The one for $550 is a XXX II, just a JSX with a new case and name.
Quote by Xander_X
Nope, just bought another one in mint condition for $300 there. There's one on there now for $300, one for $350, when I bought mine there was one for $250, and another for $199. Didn't know about those, I just happen to walk into a store out of state and saw the one I bought, realized I missed mine and bought it. The one for $550 is a XXX II, just a JSX with a new case and name.

I went through the website page back when I posted and no heads for those prices except the XXL which is solid state.
Yeah, they change daily. As soon as I buy something from them ... I always find one or two cheaper a couple days later. You can find the XXL even cheaper if you look. Sold mine a month ago for $200 and I about had to beg for that. I love the old Peavey amps, but I basically only use my 6505+.