Alright so here is what I want to do, I have a semi hollow electric and I want to add a piezo or two on the inside, then add a volume and tone pot for it.

If I can figure it out I would like to have a bridge and neck piezo and a blend knob or toggle switch. It is not a fancy guitar and I am on a budget.

So would something like this work?

Or should I go for one of the round ones?

Thanks for any help!
Which semihollow is it?

I've used a Baggs piezo bridge on a solidbody and wasn't happy with it because the attack and sustain were all wrong, and it was inclined to quack. It might work better on a semihollow, but an SBT (soundboard transducer) like the K&K Western Mini might be better than a UST (undersaddle transducer. - I'm only guessing though, I've never tried it on semihollow..

There have been suggestions that you can do a passive blend of piezo and magnetic, but I've never had any success without a decent piezo preamp. You can run the piezo and magnetic into a preamp-mixer such and the Baggs Mixpro (I've used that and the Resonance). I've also had very good success putting the magnetic and its controls in series with the output of a Maton AP5 preamp. Very unexpectedly, the magnetic still worked even when I took the battery out of the preamp, and the way I had it set up, I could get any volume combination of piezo and magnetic.
I have the Graphtech Ghost system on three or four guitars, and it works really well. I think the Graphtech piezo saddles are probably the best of the bunch, and they have a preamp setup that will handle blending the two.
Quote by dspellman
I have the Graphtech Ghost system on three or four guitars, and it works really well. I think the Graphtech piezo saddles are probably the best of the bunch, and they have a preamp setup that will handle blending the two.

I'd say the GraphTech does work the best , But... Are you willing to cut a hole in it for a battery holder? Or willing to remove a pickup every time you need to change the battery? Also there's some soldering and wiring alterations that will need to be done to blend the mag's with the piezo, Most definitely not a plug and play type of deal, Plus there not exactly cheap, your looking at $120 just for the processor card/preamp and another $90+ for the piezo bridge saddles depending on the type of bridge you have, But yes it is a top shop shelf piezo system, And I myself use one, although with the Hexpander MIDI option for use with a guitar synth,
Tony makes a good point with the Baggs but once all is said and done you'll be into everything the same amount if not more as the GraphTech and it wont work as well, and you'd still be cutting a hole in your guitar for a preamp and battery,