Banjo 2016

If you vote for me, I will offer you all:
  • more critical moderation during GMT daylight and evening hours (and even early morning)
  • many pictures of cats
  • and a friendly facade to front a more tyranical regime

Though I at times post in abundance, my secret power is lurking, and there are often threads that go grossly off topic (when they shouldn't, of course), get filled with spam, or have a user slowly losing their mind and where the situation needs calmly and respectfully diffusing.

Despite the odd eccentricity I am serious about keeping this place from becoming a worksafe /b/. If we do this, we can enjoy the sometimes irreverent, sometimes heartfelt debate that has made this place, and therefore the people in it, so close to my (and hopefully your) heart.

To prove my seriousness and help engender good relations I offer you this humble cat

If you have any questions you'd like to ask me about my possible position as moderator, please ask below.

#YesWeBanj
Last edited by Banjocal at Oct 9, 2016,
yah ill vote for you

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Only if the pit is renamed to New Atlantis and Hugh Dennis is replaced by Frankie Boyle.

I take a serious stance on these things.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
EpiExplorer
If you nominate me, I will encourage making these changes in line with our banner changes! I will find the most pedophillic beard Frankie has ever worn and make it my avatar.
Well fuck me, I'm sold already.

Now we need a slogan.

Cant Spange the Banj.

Yes We Banj

Banjucation, Banjucation, Banjucation

Unleash the Banj-hammer.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Banjocal
Despite the odd eccentricity I am serious about keeping this place from becoming a worksafe /b/.

What does this entail?
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
What does this entail?
At the most basic level I'd like to avoid the sort of lolpear posting that sometimes builds up. Or if, whenever discussion on social problems, politics and the like happen, they aren't drowned out in ironic memeing that slows down discussion through lots of devil's advocate type retorts.

The Pit has, when it's been extremely full and extremely quiet veered into that 4chan type area where sincere discussion can't take place quite so easily. I want to preemptively make UG great again. I wish to foster a place where critical theory can sit next to the relationship thread and the great many mirror threads that there are, in peace and respect for their purposes.

Detractors will say "the pit was always bad", that we can't. I say that we Banj.
Quote by EpiExplorer
Well fuck me, I'm sold already.

Now we need a slogan.

Cant Spange the Banj.

Yes We Banj

Banjucation, Banjucation, Banjucation

Unleash the Banj-hammer.

Do it for the banjter?
kitty on my foot and I wanna touch it
meow meow meow meow meow meow
I think you mean Yes We Banj.

Alright, second favorite opponent. It's on.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche
Mister candidate sir, I have a question, if you please.
Can we, once and for all, get a clear response to an issue I'm sure we'd all like to see resolved?
Were you a part of the group that's commonly thought to be responsible for the death of a beloved deity?
kitty on my foot and I wanna touch it
meow meow meow meow meow meow
Quote by ultimate-slash
Mister candidate sir, I have a question, if you please.
Can we, once and for all, get a clear response to an issue I'm sure we'd all like to see resolved?
Were you a part of the group that's commonly thought to be responsible for the death of a beloved deity?
I was associated with such a group but only in a social capacity. I had, before I even met those members who shall not be named, already transcended their schemes towards a lesser goal.
Do you believe that the Bible is in error and that Jesus, in fact, suffered from astigmatism?
Quote by Banjocal
I was associated with such a group but only in a social capacity. I had, before I even met those members who shall not be named, already transcended their schemes towards a lesser goal.

Can you verify or deny the rumor that you have joined the European death cult eating away at the fabric of our society, commonly known as 'Critical Theory'? Have you or have you not worn your Muslamic prayer boots "dans le" gay mosque of the terrorist group otherwise known as "Frankfurter Schule"?

Quote by matt bickerton
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Can you verify or deny the rumor that you have joined the European death cult eating away at the fabric of our society, commonly known as 'Critical Theory'? Have you or have you not worn your Muslamic prayer boots "dans le" gay mosque of the terrorist group otherwise known as "Frankfurter Schule"?
I deny these venomous rumours against me. Marxist discourse is overblown and the critical theory of the Frankfurt school distances itself from the individualism and individual responsibility I endorse.

I only wear these boots

Quote by TobusRex
I've eaten fried chicken with more meat on it's bones.
cannibalism isn't illegal
Is the sun illegal?

Quote by matt bickerton
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
the sun
If only I could be so grossly incandescent.
Quote by Banjocal
If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

Well I've got good news for you

Quote by matt bickerton
Leave out all the cat shit and I'll vote for you.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
Quote by JustRooster
Leave out all the cat shit and I'll vote for you.
Sorry mate but cats are my fursonadentityprivilenge
This is probably the only other candidate I could ever possibly endorse, due to sharing a love for a certain word.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
This is probably the only other candidate I could ever possibly endorse, due to sharing a love for a certain word.

I would request either candidate abstain from use of such word for the sake of their legitimacy and image.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by Banjocal
Banjo 2016

If you vote for me, I will offer you all:
  • more critical moderation during GMT daylight and evening hours (and even early morning)
  • many pictures of cats
  • and a friendly facade to front a more tyranical regime

Though I at times post in abundance, my secret power is lurking, and there are often threads that go grossly off topic (when they shouldn't, of course), get filled with spam, or have a user slowly losing their mind and where the situation needs calmly and respectfully diffusing.

To prove my seriousness and help engender good relations I offer you this humble cat

If you have any questions you'd like to ask me about my possible position as moderator, please ask below.

Banjocal2016, what a swell guy, eh? Justs wants everyone to get along and admire his strangely fluorescent calves. Well I say, can we really trust a man who goes posting pictures of headstones to "engender good relations"? More of a veiled threat if you ask me. Ladies and gentlemen, think of your pets, of your pet's pets. Would you trust this man alone with them? What else could he be hiding? Are those even his legs? More on this story, at 11.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
can you confirm raptures full face
I have met him and can confirm that as well has having a full face he has arms and legs, like the privileged he is.
Hey Cal. How about those Cummies?
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
What I'm saying is that Callum likes to say Cummies. Is that who you want as mod? A man who says cummies?
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Well you've said it twice now soooo

And that would be disastrous if I were running.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
Quote by Banjocal
At the most basic level I'd like to avoid the sort of lolpear posting that sometimes builds up. Or if, whenever discussion on social problems, politics and the like happen, they aren't drowned out in ironic memeing that slows down discussion through lots of devil's advocate type retorts.

The Pit has, when it's been extremely full and extremely quiet veered into that 4chan type area where sincere discussion can't take place quite so easily. I want to preemptively make UG great again. I wish to foster a place where critical theory can sit next to the relationship thread and the great many mirror threads that there are, in peace and respect for their purposes.

Detractors will say "the pit was always bad", that we can't. I say that we Banj.

Although I am not a big fan of cats per se (I prefer dogs) I don't mind cat photos/videos etc. and I do like your platform you seem to be level headed (at least most of the time) and IMO a strong candidate both Stewie and Ali are promising to get rid of the creeps anime/bronies which I am not a fan of but to be honest their presence here does not affect me too much as I avoid those threads like the plague. I also think that lurking is a valuable tool for a MOD especially in the PIT.

I would like to see a bit more control here when it comes to subjects that should be kept relatively serious out of respect for the topic if nothing else. How exactly would you strive to achieve this without simply closing down a thread that is starting to spin out of control?

So as I am still uncomitted can you offer a selling point to convince me that you are indeed the candidate worthy of my vote as opposed to Ali or Stewie who TBH running a more aggresive campaign than you, although I'll admit low key is a great selling point for me.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Oct 12, 2016,
Evilnine
I'm keeping it largely low key, I must admit. Stewie and Ali have more directed agendas - they are putting their beliefs about how the world should be into their campaigns with intent to change the forum according to their will. I wish for the freedom of the forum to be sovereign, but with a strong regard for serious discussion where it does take place, providing that such seriousness is earned through debate (respectful, non-fallacious, engaged). If I offer nothing else it is that I do not presume to know a right or more worthy path, and instead favour engendering various paths of discussion to find a better way.

My lurking is my strength. I only need to make my presence known as a staff member when it is necessary to do so. Outside of that I prefer to have a presence which is focused on my interests, but is still engaged with the wider community.

I would like to see moderators, in the first instances, simply observe in a thread that is beginning to go majorly off-course that it is, and make it clear that if it is appropriate to do so, serious intentional derailing may be warned, and the thread may be closed if it continues down a slippery slope. As fun as dropping a few extra gold bricks onto an Italian Job type situation can be, it's necessary to recognise where those limits are when more serious issues are at hand.

Additionally, when serious issue threads begin to go off-track through semantic debate - something which myself and other users sometimes do - I would encourage but not force those engaging in such debates to make a new thread which looks at those intricacies. For example, if one makes a thread about homophobia (as I did some weeks ago), it may be better if, should that debate happen (as it did), to do what I suggested above not to punish or segregate the users, but to ensure that both subjects are addressed relative to the conditions they have been set up under. That way, people can eat their cake in both threads, and get another one afterwards.

I won't really post cat pictures without request but I assure you that if it is requested I can blow your socks off with cute.