Hello MT. Kevätuhri here. Often known as Kev.

You might know me, and I might know some of you. I've been a regular user here ever since the year of 2015, which is not long. It is, in fact, quite a short time. My average posts per day at the moment sits at about 1.70, which shows that I'm moderately active here. These two qualities make me a perfectly average candidate for a Musician Talk moderator.

But why should you vote for me? Let me give you a few reasons:
-I'm a nice guy. No, really. This one user once said that I'm nice. Honest.
-I study musicology in a university. You might not know what musicology even is, but it sounds fancy, it's about music and you study it in a university. Neat.
-I have actual education in music. While I don't study theory at the moment, and I don't have a degree or anything, I have indeed studied the basics of music theory at a formal musical academy. I'm not an expert, but I have a strong grasp in the basics of theory. Actually, I'm not sure if this counts as actual education.
-I like a wide variety of genres and I don't discriminate. I don't care if you listen to metal, pop, country, EDM, crabcore, emo, whatever. I try to give proper advice regardless of the subject matter.
-I can help you help yourself. I think I have a good grasp on self teaching, DIY music stuff and online resources. I think. Regardless, my first piece of advice will always be "get a teacher".
-UG IQ 170. I don't even know what this number represents.
-You can't pronounce my username. Or well, Mags and Elintasokas can.

So, if you want me to mod MT, you can give me your vote. I promise to return it.

Also, ask me anything in this thread. I promise to answer any questions, and some of them truthfully.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
You might have went to school for music, but are you actually a professional musician? Studying in school and having real world experience are two different things.

You might not care if people listen to metal or country or EDM or whatever, but do you actually have experience playing/recording/producing those genres? You can't really give advice on genres you don't know.

You say you're nice. Do you think you can survive being nice? Nice guys finish last after all.

Which is higher? Your UG IQ of 170 or my UG IQ of 230? Do people even care about it? Probably not but mine is still higher.

2015? That's not long. I have been a regular poster here much longer which shows I'm in for the long haul. How do we know that you'll even stick around?

Who is the most famous musician in your phone contacts?

How many ghosts are there in A Christmas Carol?

Which was the worse cartoon: Top Cat or Snagglepuss?

Do you own a banjo yet even?
*your ad here*
Excellent questions, miss.

No, I am not a professional musician. I am a student.

If I'm unfamiliar with a genre, I will let you know so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt. But I do have experience form genres like metal, rock, jazz, funk, folk and electronic music, even if that experience comes mostly from me recording myself at home and producing music on my own.

This is not middle school, we're all adults, and in real life people appreciate it if you're nice. If you're not nice, I won't take you seriously.

You have my word that I stick around.

The most famous musician in my phone contacts is this keyboard player who is a good friend of mine, who has played in multiple successful local bands and musical projects.

None, ghosts don't actually exist.

I am not familiar with those cartoons.

No, I'm still broke.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
My name is Jet Penguin and I endorse this sexy bastard for Mod 2016.

Also: Kay-Vah-Too-(choking phlegm "h" sound)-Ree
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
So you are a student with no good contacts? I am a professional studio musician/producer with contacts with major record labels. If people here have good bands, I could legitimately hook them up with whomever they want pretty much.

How can you not know Snagglepuss even?

Quote by Jet Penguin
endorse this sexy bastard

No accounting for taste.
*your ad here*
Quote by Jet Penguin
My name is Jet Penguin and I endorse this sexy bastard for Mod 2016.

Thank you, Jet I appreciate it.

Quote by Jet Penguin
Also: Kay-Vah-Too-(choking phlegm "h" sound)-Ree

Pretty good, but not perfect. I'm not good with phonetics, but considering the way you pronounce words in English, I guess something like this makes sense:

Keh-vat-ooh-ree

ooh and ree should be short though. Finnish in general sounds pretty sharp and rushed, so if you say that as fast as you can you get pretty close

Quote by theogonia777
So you are a student with no good contacts?

Yes.

Quote by theogonia777
How can you not know Snagglepuss even?:

Only good cartoons make their way into Finland and get translated.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
Last edited by Kevätuhri at Oct 9, 2016,
So what you're saying is that I can potentially get people into the music industry and you can't and you wouldn't understand why this sentence ends with the word "even" even.
*your ad here*
Quote by theogonia777
So what you're saying is that I can potentially get people into the music industry and you can't

Yes. I must point out, however, that that is not a skill a moderator needs. I make no claims about being a better musician than you. I'm actually pretty sure that I'm not. But you have given us no reason to believe that you're a better fit for a forum mod.

Quote by theogonia777
and you wouldn't understand why this sentence ends with the word "even" even.

And you wouldn't understand my username without google.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
Quote by theogonia777
So what you're saying is that I can potentially get people into the music industry and you can't and you wouldn't understand why this sentence ends with the word "even" even.

Except you won't because you're bitter and angry because you think your banjo is persecuted and that all the jazz players are out to get you.

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
If I am a better musician with more experience in the industry and I have worked with people in the industry, surely I can give more insightful advice. A mod with good insight would be preferable, right?

Plus I am in a better timezone to mod since I am still awake when you are sleeping. You might wake up earlier, but there is little-to-no traffic in those hours.
*your ad here*
Quote by Jet Penguin
Except you won't because you're bitter and angry because you think your banjo is persecuted and that all the jazz players are out to get you.

All lies. I'm not bitter or angry. None of my instruments are being persecuted. The only thing jazz musicians are out to get is the melody wrong. Plus I have seniority over not only Kev but also you and Neo.

Why do you think I'm bitter and angry though?
*your ad here*
Last edited by theogonia777 at Oct 9, 2016,
Quote by theogonia777
If I am a better musician with more experience in the industry and I have worked with people in the industry, surely I can give more insightful advice. A mod with good insight would be preferable, right?

In some ways, yes. In other ways, no. You have your specialties, I have mine. You're a better musician in some ways, and worse in others. Industry connections and bluegrass expertise are not popular topics in the forum. Rock, jazz, and self teaching are, and honestly, I might as well have more authority over those than you.

Not to forget that I do study music at a uni, and I'm sure that people would appreciate a mod with more unique viewpoints. What I lack in practical experience I make up in theory, and I have enough common sense and creativity to make use of that theory. There is more to music than just business.

Quote by theogonia777
AThe only thing jazz musicians are out to get is the melody wrong.

Don't forget the chords!
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
I'm self-taught on nearly a dozen instruments. I have expertise in way more than bluegrass. I also have worked professionally doing country, hip-hop, house music, and RnB. I have also produced for rock bands and actually I have more experience doing live sound and full band mixing for rock than any other genrem. I have experience in music of many fotms of traditional music. I have played authentic Hawaiian and Irish music for many years and have studied Arabic, Turkish, Mongolian, Central Asian, Chinese, Malian, Eastern European, and many others.
*your ad here*
That is great, and you should paste that into your own campaign thread as well you seem like a proper genius.

I'm not claiming to be anything more than I am. I am a student who is still up and coming in the world of music, with a lot of theoretical knowledge and passion. I'm still working on the practical side of things, that is true. But that isn't my selling point.

If people want a young mod who values art and creativity and loves discussing fresh ideas and inspirations, they can vote for me. That is all I have to say.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
Um, weren't you supposed to nominate yourself in this thread? If I'm right, and I believe I am, then Kev is more qualified for modship than Theo, at the least because he got his entry in. Also, he's not an asshole to everyone he talks to, or anyone at all that I've seen and is fairly tactful. Unlike some people

You have my support Mr. Kevahtuhri!
Quote by The4thHorsemen
Um, weren't you supposed to nominate yourself in this thread? If I'm right, and I believe I am, then Kev is more qualified for modship than Theo, at the least because he got his entry in. Also, he's not an asshole to everyone he talks to, or anyone at all that I've seen and is fairly tactful. Unlike some people

According to the official rules, you were supposed to PM N-D to nominate yourself and since I was the only one that he put in the official election thread in the announcement forum, I was obviously the only one to do that. Additionally, Neo went ahead and shut that thread down a day early despite the deadline being until the end of yesterday.

So Kev didn't follow the rules and Neo goofed.

Being tactful is also no way to mod. When that happens things get out of hand. What is needed in a mod is someone scary to keep the bad people away and to keep the good people from turning bad. Not a doormat.
*your ad here*
Last edited by theogonia777 at Oct 9, 2016,
I explained that I gave four extra hours in effect and Jet had given 14 extra even, so you have no excuse.

The first step said to post in the thread.

All of you goofed. (That includes me. Basically, everyone has to read better next time no penalty to anybody)
The date was the 6th-8th. That means it runs until the end of the 8th. Not my fault you pulled the trigger to early.
*your ad here*
Lol you can't post something that was posted so late and claim it as your first source. This has been under discussion for a very long time and you had effectively 16 extra hours to act, not to mention N-D's stickied thread if you actually wanted to post in the small timeframe the main thread was actually closed.

You can complain all you want but that's not going to get you closer to a seat.
^^

Quote by The4thHorsemen

Much appreciated any questions any of you have, I'm here to answer.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
Quote by The4thHorsemen

Amen. N-D is adding Kev and everyone who nominated in my thread last time I checked. Let the games begin.

Quote by theogonia777
You might have went to school for music,

Ooof, and you pulled me up on a comma splice?

Quote by The4thHorsemen
Also, he's not an asshole to everyone he talks to, or anyone at all that I've seen and is fairly tactful. Unlike some people

hehe
Quote by theogonia777

Being tactful is also no way to mod. When that happens things get out of hand. What is needed in a mod is someone scary to keep the bad people away and to keep the good people from turning bad. Not a doormat.

disagree.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

I'm a mayor of the thread now?

Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail

How can you not know Snagglepuss even?..exit...stage right...

I "quick study" would be..."what direction is "stage right"

A) To your right
B) to your left
C) both
D) Neither
E) its all done with mirrors

Madame Empress Kristen- hmm..should you win or not...do we now bow or salute or get on one knee to you when you enter .. do we offer our swords, raise our wine glasses..ask for forgiveness..beg for your blessing..kiss your ring..guard your palace..throw the insolent in the dungeon..??
all these questions your majesty ...but just remember...we don't do windows...!!
play well

wolf
Quote by NeoMvsEu
These elections are quite peaceful :')

wolflen: So chivalrous

chivalry is not dead....its been busy tweeting on IPhone...
play well

wolf