Page 1 of 4
So Trump got caught talking about grabbing a chick by her pussy and kissing her and stuff. People are outraged.

There are two trains of thought here:
1) this is normal locker room banter that pretty much all guys have gone along with
2) it is not a common manner of speaking in private

Kirsten Powers ‏@KirstenPowers 33m33 minutes ago
Dear Twitter people who keep saying 'all men' talk about sexually assaulting women in private: you need to get new friends.

Have you ever talked in that manner with the guys? Is it normal?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
No, and I hope not.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Stevie Wonder

The joke is that my avatar is half of Colin Mochrie's face, hence, semi-Colin. Brilliant, huh?
I try to commit sexual assault as infrequently as possible
No, because I don't sexually harass women.

I've had a good amount of time in the military, work in a male dominated industry, and grew up playing sports. I've been in tons of situations where men talk openly about things like this. Those who speak about harassment are shitheads through and through. To say that this speech is commonplace is to say that men routinely harassing women is commonplace.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Oct 9, 2016,
it was just banter
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

No, and I call people out on shit like that when I do see or hear it. Thankfully, it's not very often.
I don't talk about it and know about no situation where it's casual discussion, however I think that this sort of discussion is at times, so to speak, enabled through inaction.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Well, it's a means of expressing how little chance you think someone has of pulling.

For example: "unless you've got your balaclava and your raping trousers, you're not getting your hole tonight"
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I'm in this WhatsApp group with a few of my cousins, and they can get a little descriptive (read: gross) at times, but never actual harassment gross. There's banter and then there's just awful
I'll sing you a story of a duck
A duck whose name is Alfred Kwak
Quote by slapsymcdougal
raping trousers
um
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal
um
Not a real thing. Again, it's indicative of the level of derision one might have for a friend's chances at not getting rejected.

It's not like rapist trainers, which are a thing.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
1) I've never been in a locker room with a person as remotely as famous as Trump, this I imagine is in no way an accurate representation of regular dude talk.

2) Who is in locker rooms after college.

3) I don't think any sort of court would consider that a confession of or bragging about sexual assault. That's like if you say a restaurant let's you eat their food because you are famous then that's bragging about stealing food.
Hell no. It may be common among creepy, self entitled assholes, but I wouldn't classify it as normal...
Said the straight man to the late man: "where have you been?"

"I've been here and, I've been there and, I've been in between."
I hear this sort of thing too often (not necessarily what Trump is saying but rather talking about women as if their sole purpose is as a sexual conquest) and it makes me uncomfortable. To much of a coward to do anything about it though.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

I don't think I've ever encountered this among people I am friends with.

In random passing by, once or twice. Very tempted to smack them round the back of the head but they were a 40 year old in a football shirt so I wouldn't have thought it'd left a deep enough impression upon his thick head, figuratively and literally.

To the second question, no and thank fuck for that. I've enough experiences imprinted on me to know it's never been in my ballpark or anyone elses I know of.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Only jerks and mysogynistic dbags talk like that. It's no wonder trump is a part of that crew...

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by by Zaphikh
The usual routine is to ban these accounts. I hope in the future, one day, the collective hive-mind will be able to trace down the identity of the person(s) who coded this spam-advertisement, and make first contact with them. Learn about them. Their dreams and desires as children, and what they were reduced to in maturity. Do they care for music? For love? Perhaps it's all a cryptic message sent by an alien looking for connection...

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

No. At most it's stuff like "huh, she looks good" and that's about it. There's a very obvious boundary between 1) being sexually attracted to someone and acting on that feeling in a respectful way and 2) using a position of power/authority to sexually assault people to whom you're attracted without consequence (and then brag about it).

idk, it's a thing about powerful people sometimes. Their personal perspective on what's appropriate gets projected outward so other people believe it too, they don't get challenged on it, and by getting what they want they're reinforced to treat people in an exploitative way (in this case, what is clearly sexual assault that some people with their head in the sand think is okay).
oh my god who gives a fuck
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I definitely did talk like this when I was a teenager, and so did my friends and basically every dude that age. I still hear it from older dudes on occasion. As I got older, it definitely toned down, and eventually it really hit me how much I was part of the problem and how fucked up that all is. It was all very normalized for the most part so somehow I didn't notice. My friends went on a similar track, and we speak up now, but a lot of people just don't point it out to younger dudes.

Freaking out over politicians saying fucked up stuff is important and all (I guess), but I generally assume all politicians are corrupt or hold fucked up views. I think it's more important to just point it out to younger guys. Not like freak out on them etc., just point it out in a 'that's kind of messed up dude' kind of way. I would say that most guys would understand how fucked it is when someone brings attention to it and really gets them to think about what they just said.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
ah man, Trump and Pence have had such a good track record with women. This is definitely going to hurt him instead of not doing anything at all to his campaign
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
you know what my problem with all of this is? The "in private" part. The people who condemn shit people say "in private" are also the same lot who believe what people do "in private" is nobody else's business. At some point, you can't have your cake and eat it too, right? I'm a firm believer that words are meaningless, especially "in private," and that actions are what's important. Words don't do anything. Talking about women a certain way doesn't mean a thing. How you treat them is what matters, and none of you posting from your moral high grounds have any right whatsoever to talk about what people do "in private."
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
you know what my problem with all of this is? The "in private" part. The people who condemn shit people say "in private" are also the same lot who believe what people do "in private" is nobody else's business. At some point, you can't have your cake and eat it too, right? I'm a firm believer that words are meaningless, especially "in private," and that actions are what's important. Words don't do anything. Talking about women a certain way doesn't mean a thing. How you treat them is what matters, and none of you posting from your moral high grounds have any right whatsoever to talk about what people do "in private."

not like it matters what moral high ground we take here on ultimate guitar dot com since after all our words our meaningless and we're taking no real action
i don't know why i feel so dry
I fucking don't
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I have met too many people who talk about others like this. I certainly don't think all men speak this way but it is unacceptable regardless of whether it is common or not.
cat
I have never talked this way to friends & I worked in a factory for 5 years.
A lot of the dudes I've ever known that are in positions that enable them to get a lot of sex with women talk similarly to that. Some do it in a more charming way but the same sentiment is there. "I'm awesome, I get chicks" is about all there is to it really.

I'm not on the phone calling police about a sexual assault just because some dude brags about getting hot chicks.
Quote by Acϵ♠
car thread mofos on top again

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
car thread mofos on top again

Dude that post was hot trash.
Quote by Acϵ♠

Yeah but it's different when a known sexist/creep says something like that from when a regular person says it. I've used this example before but if a KKK member told you a racist joke you wouldn't laugh.
Quote by JustRooster
Dude that post was hot trash.

I'm not gonna pretend like that's the lewdest thing I've ever heard and/or have never been private conversations that that fart out anything less than unicorn and vanilla fairy tales.

Hell, even in the pit. How many times have you seen "fuck her right in the pussy" or "she can ____ my ______ ".

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

I'm not gonna pretend like that's the lewdest thing I've ever heard and/or have never been private conversations that that fart out anything less than unicorn and vanilla fairy tales.

Hell, even in the pit. How many times have you seen "fuck her right in the pussy" or "she can ____ my ______ ".

You should read my first post in this thread and then tell me if your opinion is still the same.

Quote by ehbacon
if a KKK member told you a racist joke you wouldn't laugh.

#rekt
Quote by Acϵ♠
Words don't do anything.

Fucking clueless.
Quote by JustRooster
You should read my first post in this thread and then tell me if your opinion is still the same.
Still the same. That didn't do anything at all...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Now admittedly there is a crucial difference. He's talking about things that he has actually done, vs just pure "locker room" humor. So on that basis, it's wrong, but otherwise, no.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Still the same. That didn't do anything at all...

Then I would encourage you not to perpetuate shit dudes being shit dudes by participating in the future.
Page 1 of 4