Yo guys,
I'm looking on upgrading the pickups (Member Tony Done told me its a good idea !),Nothing wrong with the stock pickups as the neck pick ups in the prs se are good enough , but anyways I'm planning to swap both.I'm not much of a metal guy,I listen mostly classic rock and some 80s heavy and metal..I like Sound of Gary Moore, Pink Floyd , Alice in Chains ,Pantera ,Led Zep etc.I'm looking for versatile pickups.Something i can roll off the volume to get clean sounds.Also please suggest me some good volume and tone pots.I want to do volume swells with the knobs.
I'm planning to get a new amp next year but currently I'm practicing through a Blackstar HT 1R.Some pedals I use are Boss BD 2, Nova delay and Xotic SP compressor and Digitech Drop \m/ (if that helps !)
I did? I address the pickup change question fairly often, and I usually preface it by noting that it is a good idea to know what is wrong with the current ones before you change them. I hope I didn't forget in this case. I think you will get more helpful answers if you can explain what you are looking for that is currently lacking.
Tony Done
Lol why can't I have new pickups..I think an upgrade will help me to get a better tone.I find the bridge pick up are kind of muddy especially on low strings and when I roll the volume down its too much bassy for chords.I tried adding a compressor, it has improved considerably. Bit still I believe a pickup change can make this situation better.
There ya go, you've defined what you are looking for, brighter lows.

I found my quote from your previous thread:

Quote by Tony Done
Can you identify what is wrong with what you already have? For example, changing the pickups can certainly change the tone, but what kind of change would you want, if any?

Do the current pickups have covers? If they do, taking them off might yield the desired result. That made a big difference to a set of SD Jazz I had.
Quote by Tony Done
There ya go, you've defined what you are looking for, brighter lows.

I found my quote from your previous thread:

Do the current pickups have covers? If they do, taking them off might yield the desired result. That made a big difference to a set of SD Jazz I had.

No covers on it..

I found this to be too good.The beginning into to Separate ways.Swells and change from dirt to clean by twisting a knob.
aW9hCIiZ-gE
Last edited by Wmheadbanger at Oct 9, 2016,