Hey there! I was thinking about getting a new guitar for Christmas, a Samick Ev-10 Elvira

I played it for a while at a local music shop, and I kinda liked the sound, specially for a budget guitar. And I also love the looks of it. Only things that stopped me from getting it inmediately were the bolt-on neck and the fact that the sole volume knob was not working properly. I wanted to know if anyone could give more info about the guitar since there's barely any on the internet, or maybe even someone owns it and can talk a little bit about it and if it's worth it. Thanks in advance!
Bolt on neck is fine, but sounds like dodgy electrics. Quality doesn't sound like its there. Play it more. Run your fingers along the fret edges to makes sure it's a decent feel, make sure you like the neck feel. It's all about personal preference.

You can take a flyer on it if you like it but low end guitars from my experience are very hit and miss for quality.
song stuck in my head today

Quote by lbc_sublime
Bolt on neck is fine, but sounds like dodgy electrics. Quality doesn't sound like its there. Play it more. Run your fingers along the fret edges to makes sure it's a decent feel, make sure you like the neck feel. It's all about personal preference.

You can take a flyer on it if you like it but low end guitars from my experience are very hit and miss for quality.

I agree low end guitars often use in your face paint schemes and body shapes to lure beginners. Dean and B.C. Rich are notorious for doing this both companies make quality guitars but not until you hit the $899-$1200 price point but both companies also make a lot of cheapies that look very similar.

Buying cheap you'll get what you pay for so If I where you I would consider buying used you will get a better model/quality of guitar for a similar price of a new cheap low end model.

Where are you located?
What is your budget?
Is there a used market where you live?
What genres of music do you play?
What is your current rig?
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
I agree low end guitars often use in your face paint schemes and body shapes to lure beginners. Dean and B.C. Rich are notorious for doing this both companies make quality guitars but not until you hit the $899-$1200 price point but both companies also make a lot of cheapies that look very similar.

Buying cheap you'll get what you pay for so If I where you I would consider buying used you will get a better model/quality of guitar for a similar price of a new cheap low end model.

Where are you located?
What is your budget?
Is there a used market where you live?
What genres of music do you play?
What is your current rig?

I'm not really a beginner I just want this one as a backup guitar in case I can't use any of my other (and way better) options. The quality isn't amazing, but I think it's fairly OK for a cheap guitar. Like, I just want something with a decent sound that fits the price.

Argentina
Around 600 bucks, but guitars are waaay more expensive here so it's kind of an useless question
Kinda, not much stuff really
Mainly metal, jazz, pop, I would use this guitar for metal mainly
Schecter Synyster, Epiphone G-400 Custom, a couple of crappy amps (I mostly use Guitar Rig 5 over them) Dunlop Wylde Wah, Boss ML-2, Nux PT-6-
Last edited by HeavenHelpUs777 at Oct 10, 2016,
Quote by lbc_sublime

Yeah the frets and neck felt ok and confortable when I played it. And you get what you pay for I guess.