What would giving up my smartphone mean for you?

I'd go back to checking emails at the end of the day. I'd go back to texting as my method of communication instead of WhatsApp, Twitter DMs, Messenger etc. I wouldn't be able to go on internet when I'm out and about, instead waiting until I was around a computer. I wouldn't be able to look up directions on the fly so would have to go back to writing down directions to places and navigating myself instead of letting my GPS do it.

All in all an inconvenient change but not an insurmountable one.

How would it affect your life?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
If I could still have a tablet or a laptop it wouldn't be that bad. If you are talking going without anything that connects to the internet then that's a whole different nightmare.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Oct 10, 2016,
Quote by EyeNon15
If I could still have a tablet or a laptop it wouldn't be that bad. If you are talking going without anything that connects to the internet then that's a whole different nightmare.

No tablet and no dongles/wifi when you're out and about unless you're connecting to Starbuck's wifi or whatever but you get use of a personal computer at home.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
I don't even use it for anything more than surfing the web, checking emails and listening to music, so nothing really.

I guess the GPS has also come in handy when I've got lost one or two times. That would probably be the biggest problem, which is relatively small.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
The act of playing the guitar isn't supposed to be entertaining.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
No tablet and no dongles/wifi when you're out and about unless you're connecting to Starbuck's wifi or whatever but you get use of a personal computer at home.

Right now it wouldn't be that bad, It would be an inconvenience and it would suck.

Internet access is the main thing I'd be concerned with.
I would definately be in some shit job I hate right now if internet didn't come along right as I was getting into adulthood. It saved everything for me.
Almost all the wealth I've accumulated in my life would not be possible without internet. Or at least be way harder to the point I wouldn't have felt like doing it.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Oct 10, 2016,
I go on the internet on my phone about once every 4 days, for like 20 seconds when looking something up.

Don't need it at all, I basically don't have one now, given my usage of it
My phone is an internet browser and spotify machine. It would piss me of not being able to use either but I'd learn to cope again. Be like being 18 again.
Losing mobile banking would be pretty annoying actually, and I'd probably just supplant my web browsing/Twittering for reading books/papers again in my downtime instead. My music library is on my iPod. Losing WhatsApp would be probably annoying but again I'd just go back to texting. I actually often turn my phone off for ages because it's quite nice to be out of contact with everything for a few hours.

I also quite like snapping pics on my phone so that'd be pretty annoying too but I could get over it.

bring back UG classic
Everytime I misplace my phone for a few seconds I see my entire life flash before my eyes.
Quote by Pastafarian96
To me this is life pre-2015

So fine, as I barely use my phone as anything other than a phone

same
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EyeNon15
Everytime I misplace my phone for a few seconds I see my entire life flash before my eyes.
Apple doesn't support Flash.

Aha. See what I did there?

Am I making #DadJokes right?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Is it because they don't support Flash? D:
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I use it to listen to music when out.

I have a nice setup with a fiio e18 hooked up via usb to my phone and running my iems through the e18 amp.

I suppose I could just get a decent player instead but the smartphone means less devices.

also can't quickly check stuff like maps, bus times, etc. no apps like weather, calorie counting, banking. nothing much to do when I'm out and idle I usually have a book with me but it's not always practical, especially in dark venues in the evening.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I'd have like 20 months left on the contract and no phone to use the data with.

RAEG.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I'd get flip phone and use my tablet or PC more often.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I don't even have a smartphone. My last one died ages ago and I keep neglecting to invest in a new one. Not having a smartphone is annoying because I have to use the shitty old keypads and it takes ages to write texts. Luckily I rarely need my phone anyway.
I have nothing important to say
i'd have one less product to constantly talk about in terms of how little i need it, as if neccessity or the lack there-of can somehow absolve me of my bourgeois sins. which means that i'd have to either not fetishize the fuck out of it (not gonna happen) or openly face the pervasive consumerism of my everyday life

that and i'd no longer get unreasonably pissed at solitaire while taking a shit

Weird techno music suddenly crests the horizon.

Honestly I'd be totally OK with going back to a flip phone with just text and call
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by MangoStarr
Honestly I'd be totally OK with going back to a flip phone with just text and call

See, you say that, but do you not remember texting before Qwerty keypads were standard? Imagine texting with a numerical keypad again. You might as well use a telegraph, or courier by horse.
Quote by chrismendiola
See, you say that, but do you not remember texting before Qwerty keypads were standard? Imagine texting with a numerical keypad again. You might as well use a telegraph, or courier by horse.

Then I can just use one with a pull-out keyboard
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by MangoStarr
Then I can just use one with a pull-out keyboard

Oh, word. I'm all about the pull-out method.
Life's before smartphones was better socially.

Besides GPS I would enjoy the freedoms of less "instant" social medias ans communicatons, apps, etc much better for keeping a low profile and people not knowing not what's going on with you or where you are 24/7
Quote by Pizzafan
k.lainad Im going to use twine, tie a broom handle to a pizza, put guitar string on it, and make love to your mom with a pizztar

Quote by Gatecrasher53
I used to google image search stuff like 'sexy guitar', and 'hot guitar' and then scroll through several results pages to find maybe two images of shitty magazine covers with nude women posing with les pauls covering their genitals because I didnt know about clearing your search history and I thought I could explain away these searches if they were ever discovered as me just looking at cool guitars.

soundcloud
youtube
I couldn't bully shitposters on the toilet at work.
Last edited by JustRooster at Oct 10, 2016,
Easy access Tumblr nudes though
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by chrismendiola

my thumbs are too big for touchscreen keyboards so I spend half the time correcting typos. predictive text can only help so much too.

the old pads I could text much faster than I can now.

I do actually have a basic numerical pad phone for backup if my phone dies or needed repairs. Having to "borrow" some dirty phone from the store for like £10 or something was getting annoying with the whole process and getting ripped off, so one day I just bought some cheap thing to cover me. didn't go for the most basic phone though, I paid a little more for a model that could accept a micro sd card so I could still listen to music on it (was like £30 total I think). It's screen is like a few cm wide and the phone has some basic WAP-esque browser on it so I can still look up stuff.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
The best smartphone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone
No iPhone, or smartphone which to me means a phone that has internet access and a camera with music abilities as well, which impretty sure razor phones were fairly intelligent, would mean that I would just email people instead of text, and I would have to use my laptop to facebook people and I would have to memorize a few home phone numbers. I would also have less cancer radiation in my hands from grabbing the radioactive pussy i mean from holding my phone all day.
I use my phone most of the day for using facebook messenger to keep up with group projects at school, using Google drive to work on collaborative docs, check a bunch of other shit I have to do. Basically on campus I'd have to walk to the library or a computer lab about 5 times a day
I've had a smartphone for a few years, but outside of GPS, and maybe travel related things, I wouldn't be too bad off without it. As long as I have a phone with a QWERTY keyboard for texting.

I will say people at work use FB messenger for texting/calling. So maybe that as well.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
it wouldn't change at all cause I haven't had a phone in 2 years
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie