Unfortuntely I do not have a band to jam with, but I remember using some software awhile back that allowed to you create a chord progression with pre-programmed drums, and bass. Does anyone now of something like this. I would like free software if possible but I'll pay for it if it's really good. Any ideas?
There is a "game" on PC, Xbox, Playstation etc. called Rocksmith 2014 that has lessons for songs and techniques and a Jam Session mode where you can pick the instruments and play along with it. Pretty sure you can set the chord progression and stuff like that as well.

Not sure if that's what you are referring to or not, but it's rather fun!
Dinglebuttz Beat me to it. Speaking of, I have a copy of the 2014 version for Xbox 360 if you're interested.
Last edited by LtnVasquez at Oct 10, 2016,
Any jam software out there?

Be sure to buy the peanut butter software at the same time.
Rocksmith is probably your best bet...unless you want to lower your standards and get Rockband or Guitar Hero. (Yes, I realize this sounds snobbish.)

I got my start with Rocksmith, and look at me now...I comment on a guitar forum with pretentious comments.
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10
Amp/Effects:
Peavy Vypyr 30, ISP Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
Quote by bjgrifter
I got my start with Rocksmith, and look at me now...I comment on a guitar forum with pretentious comments.

I don't know why... but I loved this post!
Gibson LP Standard T - Epiphone LP Standard (BCS wiring+pots, 57/57+ Gibson) - Fender FSR MIM Telecaster
Blackstar Series one 45 (v30's) - Jetcity JCA50h + 212cab (Eminence) - Orange Crush 35RT
Thanks.
On a serious note, there were jam sessions available on Rocksmith. Not a band replacement, but given it's what $70 or new with the cable, it's not an unreasonable option. I didn't explore everything enough at that point since I knew far less than I did then, but you have at least a rudimentary function. Not sure about chord progressions, but they did have a list of chords. That said, I got any early birthday gift of Guitar Chords for Dummies which has a shit-ton of stuff that I don't need to fire up the Xbox to see.
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10
Amp/Effects:
Peavy Vypyr 30, ISP Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.