Poll: Does this seem odd to you?
Poll Options
View poll results: Does this seem odd to you?
Sure, seems to make sense.
2 33%
No, this is all wrong, the sky is falling!
1 17%
Ratt's behind.
3 50%
Voters: 6.
The Affinity series tele's are $199, and have alder bodies. Pretty sure those are made in china but correct me if i'm wrong.

The Standard series teles are $249, and have agathis bodies? Also, it states that they are made in mexico on GC's site. (which could be wrong I suppose, being the internet and all).

That seems backwards to me, unless wood supply levels/pricing are that much better in Asia.

Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
Well, tonewood makes much less of a difference on electrics than acoustics, so my guess would be the money is going to the electronics (someone more educated than I back me up/correct me). Things that make a bigger difference. Manufacturing spots could also make a difference, but given the wood situation, I think the money may be reinvested into better electronics.
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10
Amp/Effects:
Peavy Vypyr 30, ISP Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
Quote by gregs1020

That seems backwards to me, unless wood supply levels/pricing are that much better in Asia.

That may very well be a factor, though I'm not sure that it's an overriding one. A lot of woods are sourced in Asia, particularly those grown on plantations (mahogany, for example).
Ratt is done now Greg. Its all about Billy Squier now.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Ratt is done now Greg. Its all about Billy Squier now.

You sure about that?

Quote by ec kenny
You sure about that?

Are you trying to prove my point right? Cause Steven Pearcy sounds awful in that and has sounded awful the last 4 years

And the joke is cause people used to put Ratt clips when they did gear demos. That's what I was referencing.

Also that was a 1 off reunion and Pearcy has been gone from Ratt the last 2 years.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Oct 11, 2016,
H4T3BR33D3R
I was, yeah
The demo part went right over my head though
Quote by ec kenny
H4T3BR33D3R
I was, yeah
The demo part went right over my head though

Yeah it was a little bit inside so I can see the confusion.

FWIW though I'm a big hair guy and I love Ratt.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by ec kenny
You sure about that?

is someone singing along to the riff in the background there? (in the crowd i mean)

Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Juan Croucier and Warren have always been the best part of Ratt. I miss Robbin like hell though, rest in peace.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Quote by Dave_Mc
is someone singing along to the riff in the background there? (in the crowd i mean)

If by somebody you mean "multiple drunk dads in the front row" then yes
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
^
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

dspellman that's no mashup. that's just inappropriate editing.

since we're posting matchups.

OT - it's probably true about electronics as well, hadn't considered that.
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?