Page 1 of 2
You guys didn't like the first song I made yesterday. Is this one any better?

Last edited by farmosh203 at Oct 10, 2016,
Quote by sam b
appalling guitar work. Stop playing.

Also stop posting this shit in the wrong forum

Haha, I can tell you are an expert musician by looking at all the tabs you have created. I'm trying Sam, I'm trying!
Quote by farmosh203
Haha, I can tell you are an expert musician by looking at all the tabs you have created. I'm trying Sam, I'm trying!

Ok now I feel bad >.>

I didnt even watch your video. Posting it in the correct forum will get you more constructive and just.. better responses
Quote by sam b
Ok now I feel bad >.>

I didnt even watch your video. Posting it in the correct forum will get you more constructive and just.. better responses

Will do. If you have any suggestions on what to do better, please let me know.
I think if you focused on staying in time rather than staring at the camera it might sound better.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
I think if you focused on staying in time rather than staring at the camera it might sound better.

Haha, actually I exported straight from the DAW and lip synched (guitar synched?) for the camera with the guitar. I focused more on the composition than the video since I'm trying to learn how to compose songs. But yeah the timing is off in places. Didn't want to spend much longer on the song since it's a throwaway used for learning. Tomorrow's song will be better!
throw in a part where the clothes get unbalanced and the drums are rocking back and forth....also, your rinse cycle needs the shred faster
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
ЩΉΛƬ ΛBӨЦƬ MIПΣ?

That's an uncomfortable song
Quote by ehbacon
why didn't you actually play in the video?

I didn't spend much time on the video aspect of the song because I'm trying to learn music composition. And I don't have a legit microphone to record with, I record into the DAW with USB. I re-uploaded the song with some quick takes of me walking downstairs and walking to the laundromat, haha, maybe that will make the video better.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Ah. I didn't even need to read the thread title, I could tell this was your sophomore effort just by listening.

I think your hardcore fanbase should still remember you from last time and you'll have an impressive turnout on your tour, but you need to take things to the next level if you want your third song to bring you as much success.
Quote by farmosh203
What do you think of my second song ever?
I'd say, without a doubt, it is definitely, positively, 100%,

not first. Chronologically speaking.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Quote by farmosh203
Ah yeah, third song/music video:

This one was cheesy as fuck, and kind of sounded like a cross between somethung from a Pokémon game and an early Black Sabbath track

In other words, not horrible, and certainly better than the last two
I'm pretty sure that third song is almost identical in parts to Paranoid......
Yes I am falling
How much longer
Till I hit the ground?
Quote by i_lovemetallica

I wouldn't use almost identical, but yeah, there are very similar passages, timing is very wrong though
Quote by Pastafarian96
This one was cheesy as fuck, and kind of sounded like a cross between somethung from a Pokémon game and an early Black Sabbath track

In other words, not horrible, and certainly better than the last two

Heeeyyyyy, not horrible, that's progress. Haha, thanks.

Quote by i_lovemetallica

That's funny, I listened to Paranoid and I see what you're saying. I hadn't listened to Paranoid in what feels like many years.
Last edited by farmosh203 at Oct 16, 2016,
Don't let the naysayers get you down. Remember, nobody liked John Wayne Gacy either. Now he's famous!
Quote by TobusRex
Don't let the naysayers get you down. Remember, nobody liked John Wayne Gacy either. Now he's famous!

Thanks. I have the philosophy that the first (and typically the second, third, etc.) version of anything you create is going to suck. Always good to get feedback from people so you can learn how to improve. Not looking to get famous, just want to create some sweet music!
Quote by korinaflyingv
You look like you're at a party pretending to listen to somebody.

i don't know why i feel so dry
It has a nice punch to it but the change at 0:59 seems a bit forced and unrelated. Your lead guitar work could use a little....work. Nice composition, but not overall, but as different parts of a song. You should rearange that shit.

Also, you are missing a lot of bass.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Page 1 of 2