I've got an Orange Rockerverb 50 combo (MK1). I love the reverb, and I only need the teeniest little bit usually, but if I really want to, it gets crazy saturated when I turn it way up. I have a footswitch that turns the reverb on and off. BUT! I don't want it to go straight on and off. Because I don't like a completely dry amp tone, I always want at least a teeny little bit of reverb, but sometimes more for a lead or whatever. I want to have the footswitch alternate between two levels of reverb, rather than turning it on and off. Preferably with the low and high levels adjustable on the fly. I don't really know anything about modifying amps or any of that jazz, so I'm looking for ideas about if this is possible, and what might go into doing it. What I'm kind of envisioning is replacing the reverb knob/pot with a inner/outer ring double knob/pot, like you see on some effects pedals that are cramming lots of controls into tight spaces. Set one ring to be the low level, other ring as the high, and footswitch just alternates. Then, if I ever do actually need the reverb off completely, I can just switch it to low level, and turn the low level knob to zero.

Any ideas? Is this possible? Would it be particularly difficult or complex?
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, and Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
GK 400RB w/Ampeg 4x10 Cab
https://soundcloud.com/dudeandguitar
Last edited by the_bi99man at Oct 10, 2016,
The Gear Building & Customizing thread could probably help you better than GG&A.

But I would honestly just get a reverb pedal that gets the verb you want and put it in the loop.

It is possible, but would probably require "circuit bending" meaning you you pretty much rewire and and jump wires around the circuit board. And with that comes risk of breaking it.

Maybe wiring a jack straight to the dual pot to switch between each half of the pot, and just ignoring the original fs jack.
Last edited by Liaztraht at Oct 11, 2016,
This is just one more place where a Multi-FX pedal makes tons of sense.
At a very basic level, you can run one preset that has a tiny amount of reverb and a second that has a lot.
Or...the newer modelers will allow you to run, essentially, two different rigs within a single preset and select bits and pieces from each one.
And at a slightly higher level of sophistication, you can run modelers and some pedals with an expression pedal that will let you have lots of reverb at the toe portion of the rocker and very little at the heel (or vice versa).
Your easiest option is to use a reverb pedal or a multi-effects. Probably a standalone reverb pedal would be more appropriate (and cheaper if you look enough) unless you wanted to delve into multi-effects territory. Set your amp's reverb to the subtle setting where you want it, then use the reverb pedal to get more saturation. I think your amp has an effects loop so put the reverb pedal through that for cleaner, more defined reverberation.

I really do not think modding the amp for this purpose is worth the effort when the solution above is available. If you really wanted to, though, I imagine you could replace the reverb pot with two resistors that can be switched. The specifics of that, I do no know.
Sounds to me like you need a reverb pedal with a volume loop, I think it needs to be parallel, so that way you have your main signal not changing and then to that signal you add various amounts of reverb. It is easily achievable by the soundman

You might want to look into Steve Morse's setup - he does a lot of that stuff controlling amounts of reverb and delay via volume pedals, I thnk I saw some of his clinics where he goes into detail.

Boss LS-2 line selector in the loop and two loops with different verbs would do it, but it'd be around $400 to add it. Multifx pedal with a reverb swell patch might be cheaper.
To me reverb should always be a constant level since it's emulating the acoustics of a room. Changing reverb mid-song sounds unatural. Have you considered adding a little delay instead?
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Quote by 8Len8
To me reverb should always be a constant level since it's emulating the acoustics of a room. Changing reverb mid-song sounds unatural. Have you considered adding a little delay instead?

That is a good suggestion. A good delay can be just as ambient and wet.