Page 1 of 2
I noticed that Trivium was coming to my town next winter, and was going to go see them. It's a "large scale" club show, but the price is just way too high: 43o€ (close to 50$). Do you think this is a fair price? I certainly don't. I do know Trivium is considered as a "world class" band, but so is bands such as Halestorm, and their tickets last year to the same venue cost 25€. Bullet also did the same thing a few years back, and it was around 35€, which to me sounds better.

What are your thoughts? Is it Trivium overpricing themselves, or is it just the overall prices going higher on the market? Is it a fair price for that scale of a band? Maybe it's just livenation and ticketmaster raising the prices.
Halestorm and Bullet are shit but Trivium are not, seems simple enough.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
I paid 60 for an arena show from Avenged, and Metallica on a festival was a little less than 70 4 years back...

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Halestorm and Bullet are shit but Trivium are not, seems simple enough.

And on that note, Triviums last 2 albums are shit. I'm gonna go to the show just for their earlier ones, and because I know that they play fucking well.
Last edited by Kaseke at Oct 11, 2016,
"Should I a pay a commercial price for commercial music?"

I guess so.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
That actually seems high to me for Trivium. Usually when I see them it's in the $35 range.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
A lot of bigger band's shirts can be 50 bucks.

I only buy a shirt if it's 20 or less.

That said I wouldn't pay 50 bucks just to see trivium, I'd watch them open for someone maybe, but the only song I'd know is gunshot through the head of trepidation, and I'd be bothered if they didn't play it.
Quote by Kaseke
I noticed that Trivium was coming to my town next winter, and was going to go see them.
On purpose?
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: This jazz piano music playing over the PA like wow for once it's good stuff they're playing

What if blue cheese is just regular cheese but it's accelerating towards you really fast?
If they play anything after Ascendancy it will probs be shit tbh.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
If they play anything after Ascendancy it will probs be shit tbh.

Stop saying what I was going to say.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
"I'm not gonna pay 10 bucks for an album. Bands make their money from merch and tours anyway"

"I'm not gonna pay 20 bucks for a T-shirt"

"I'm not gonna pay 50 bucks for a concert."
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Amuro Jay
the flaw in this is that Trivium actually are shit

They're just WAY bigger than Bullet and Halestorm, OP

Trivium are not shit also they're great live

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
We are the fire is garbage
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I hate to be dramatic, but I went through some shit years ago, and I sent the boys in Trivium a message on MySpace of all places, thanking them for the music since it helped me a lot. They actually responded and sent me a very nice message. So I'm grateful, and even though they haven't been here in a while, if 50 bucks was the price to see them now, I'd have no problem paying for it.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
I saw The Sword for the 20 bucks earlier this year and they are way better than Trivium so 50 bucks seems high.
I'm assuming they do it off of popularity though so , idk maybe theres some industry scale of if you are this popular then you can charge this amount for tickets.
The Sword is awesome but they still suffer from "we have 2 good songs and everything after the first 2 albums are crap" vibe
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The Sword is awesome but they still suffer from "we have 2 good songs and everything after the first 2 albums are crap" vibe

Then how is that awesome?
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Quote by RBM01991
Then how is that awesome?

I've been in like 20 bands that had zero good songs so 2 is pretty impressive as far as bands go. One is impressive really.

That being said, The Sword has way more than 2 good songs
Quote by EyeNon15
I've been in like 20 bands that had zero good songs so 2 is pretty impressive as far as bands go. One is impressive really.

That being said, The Sword has way more than 2 good songs

Freya and The White Sea.

That's it.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Freya and The White Sea.

That's it.

No that's not it. They are good songs though.
Everything on Age of Winters was great for example
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Oct 11, 2016,
Quote by EyeNon15
No that's not it. They are good songs though

You're like 84, Peggie Sue is probably your favorite song.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You're like 84, Peggie Sue is probably your favorite song.

You are like 2 so teletubbies is your favorite group
Quote by EyeNon15
You are like 2 so teletubbies is your favorite group

Teletubbies are more talented than The Sword and Trivium so if that's an insult you've gone the wrong direction my friend.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
If it was a stadium, perhaps, but I personally never see prices that high for clubs/venues.

On another note, Matt Heafy used to train at my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gym. I used to spar with him and grab drinks afterwards. Super cool guy.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by yellowfrizbee
If it was a stadium, perhaps, but I personally never see prices that high for clubs/venues.

On another note, Matt Heafy used to train at my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gym. I used to spar with him and grab drinks afterwards. Super cool guy.

I bet he rolls really light like a pansy
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Dude you are so salty today Who hurt you?
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Quote by RBM01991
Dude you are so salty today Who hurt you?

Trivium's albums after Ascendancy
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

He was just a blue belt when I was training with him, don't know if its changed since then. He actually was one of the most disciplined students there, in my opinion. He seemed very passionate about it.

Its funny, I honestly didn't even know who Trivium was or who he was until he brought a guitar to training one day, and I asked, "Oh, cool! You play guitar? I play too!" and he laughed and explained he plays guitar in a world famous band and I was apparently the only person at the gym that had no idea.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Trivium's albums after Ascendancy

Oh your poor baby, would you like some Opeth or some Kataklysm to help you with the butthurt?
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Quote by RBM01991
Oh your poor baby, would you like some Opeth or some Kataklysm to help you with the butthurt?

Yeah actually. That would be much better.

That's really nice of you. I mean usually you're a cunt but now you're actually thoughtful!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by yellowfrizbee

He was just a blue belt when I was training with him, don't know if its changed since then. He actually was one of the most disciplined students there, in my opinion. He seemed very passionate about it.

Its funny, I honestly didn't even know who Trivium was or who he was until he brought a guitar to training one day, and I asked, "Oh, cool! You play guitar? I play too!" and he laughed and explained he plays guitar in a world famous band and I was apparently the only person at the gym that had no idea.

Did he tell you that he was kind of a big deal
I saw Trivium a few years ago at mayhem fest and they played 0 songs from Shogun and only 1 song from Ascendancy (the worst song on the album), very disappointing setlist. They did perform really well though.
Page 1 of 2