C'mon, most of you have got more experience with that than in living without electricity, Internet or smartphone...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
it would mean death

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Giving up would imply I set a goal in the first place.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
I would probably stop wearing pants TBH.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Never would I survive
gonna die without it
give me back my internet
you will not see me on these forums again
up to me to decide if I'll die irl too
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
if i give up partying the terrorists have won
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Last edited by ESPLTDV401DX at Oct 11, 2016,
Giving up is the reason people post more than once in the Pit.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
well considering i already have given up it would mean literally nothing to me
Aint giving up yet. Actually today marks the day I write my first masterpiece. Tomorrow will be rewarded with ladies, well... just one, but she's perty.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Giving up is the reason people post more than once in the Pit.

I have given up completely I still post actively in the electric guitar forum and sometimes the guitar gear and accesories forum, I come to the pit for the show!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by EyeNon15
Ur mom is giving up
Giving up the booty

Waaaaaaaaaaaa Homerun, Chippa!

tiss tiss tiss
Gibson LP Standard T - Epiphone LP Standard (BCS wiring+pots, 57/57+ Gibson) - Fender FSR MIM Telecaster
Blackstar Series one 45 (v30's) - Jetcity JCA50h + 212cab (Eminence) - Orange Crush 35RT
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Tomorrow will be rewarded with ladies, well... just one, but she's perty.

Yeah I think my right hand is pretty too.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I don't understand the question or point of this thread
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
It's not in my vocabulary.

Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
I'd be Arby911

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Being a vegan
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by Arby911
C'mon, most of you have got more experience with that than in living without electricity, Internet or smartphone...

Staying in this same town, just working day to day.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
IDK about OP, but I was born in the city that hadn't seen warfare since 1945... I'm pretty used to electricity
I was a child with cyber g/fs having cyber sex with people who could have been anyone looking back.. Dial up modem... Old chatrooms pre MSN chat.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Aren't they already asking you to give up your new Samsung 7?
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Probably how I am right now. I have lived without constant indulgences before and I frankly think it keeps you focused. It's genuinely difficult, boredom can quickly morph into something much crueler, but at the time it made a better person out of me.

I find the opposite more like surrender than deprivation is. Deprivation is earnestly a thing to be cherished. I'm not saying we should let starving people die cuz it builds character, but the opposite--total absorption into every whim you could possibly have--is fucking deadening, and so seductive and seemingly innocuous as to be impossible to walk away from without immense force of will.

There might be a more severe level of surrender (to what is this surrender? I'm curious about my phrasing here lol)--I'm thinking of opiates and a noose--but that is recognizable. The less recognizable form, your own gratification and ease taking priority (this is even constantly reinforced by marketing; everyone wants you to make your life easier, receive answers rather than look for them, reduce the angle of your recliner and let them do your work), is just as abhorrent and difficult to get over.

I've always respected discipline, and it's one thing I never figured out. I don't mean an ascetic existence, but just self-discipline. I think that's what arises out of deprivation.

This is more serious than anyone asked but yeah, giving up looks like this to me.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.
Giving up would mean consciously set aside my inner values, principles and goals because of external forces. Those forces could be "bad" (money problems, having no wifi, etc) or could be "good" (being very comfortable in my own life that I forget those values and goals, living in constant indulgencies like ali said, etc).

EDIT: Though to be honest I don't really care and the above definition is most likely some pretentious bullshit I I came up with that I somewhat believe in. So honestly I dunno, I think if I ever "give up" it'll be based on the traditional view of it (in the appropriate situation). The above can still apply, but I doubt I'll ever think of it that way in the moment-to-moment of my life (though it's fun to do some mental workout and think about it)
Last edited by gonzaw at Oct 13, 2016,