I wanted to know weather I should get either the Dunlop fuzz face or the swollen pickle (Because the controls remind me of a Boss DS-1) to kinda get the same tone that Kurt Cobain got while recording Bleach and some of the early demos from the 80's (to my understanding , in some of the demos and early preformances he used a Univox Super Fuzz)

[btw I'm gonna be running my guitar through a bass amp and cab (Just because of how powerful the on at hand is) so there may be a lot of low end(Possibly)]
Gosh!
Quote by jruiz112202
I wanted to know weather I should get either the Dunlop fuzz face or the swollen pickle (Because the controls remind me of a Boss DS-1) to kinda get the same tone that Kurt Cobain got while recording Bleach and some of the early demos from the 80's (to my understanding , in some of the demos and early preformances he used a Univox Super Fuzz)

[btw I'm gonna be running my guitar through a bass amp and cab (Just because of how powerful the on at hand is) so there may be a lot of low end(Possibly)]
You need to get/use a proper guitar amp.
Last edited by Will Lane at Oct 12, 2016,
TBH I would use mostly a Randall RG80 for most things [or something of similar power and tone]
Gosh!
Last edited by jruiz112202 at Oct 12, 2016,
Quote by jruiz112202
Or the Boss FZ-5.

crap fuzz. it is a simulator and not a real fuzz pedal.

using a bass amp won't help you with this. power isn't going to make any difference really. you may be better off checking for a modern fuzz that is based on the univox fuzz. may not be cheap but it would be what you want.
monwobobbo
but srysly tho witch one of the pedals i chose (excluding the FZ-5) would be a good choice for that "bleachy" tone
Gosh!
Last edited by jruiz112202 at Oct 12, 2016,
Of those, I'd go:

I'd also consider these:

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
The MM+TB is more of a distortion pedal than a fuzz.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
Quote by jruiz112202
dannyalcatraz
I was also think about the metal muff also (+ Top Boost)

they are terribad.

also a bass amp isn't going to do you any favors.

what is you're budget?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Part of a grunge-type fuzz tone is the treble, so running through a bass amp would most likely lose a lot of that.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
The MM+TB is more of a distortion pedal than a fuzz.

I know , but since Kurt Cobain used more of a distortion pedal on the record Bleach , I was think that it might work out
Gosh!
You're better off with a decent distortion pedal.

alhaq369