What's up, everyone. Here's the deal, the third UG Acoustic Originals album had its release delayed because the OP has been inactive and didn't manage to get the tracks to anyone. So here it is; another thread for the re-submission of your tracks! If you submitted a track in the previous planning thread, then I will PM you.

New submissions are welcome, but since this was supposed to be done months ago, I am only planning on giving this a week. The plan is to gather the previous submissions and get them out as quickly as possible since the delay has been so long.

If you did not submit a track before, but want to now, please submit it by October 18. The details for submission are below.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. Also, please sticky this thread so you can gets updates on how things are going.

The Details
-Submissions can't be covers. Original songs only. Instrumentals are ok.
-Feel free to submit old songs. You don't have to write something new for this.
-One submission per person. This rule is subject to change depending on how many people participate.
-Collabs are cool! If you want to collaborate on a submission with other UGers that's totally fine.
-IMPORTANT: To submit your song, post a link to download your track. Keep in mind that your songs should be in in one of the following file formats: .wav, .aif or .flac. This is so that once the album is finished we can release it on bandcamp. Also, when you post a link to your song, please include your artist name (this will be either your username, your real name, or some sort of other artist name that you want to be credited under) and the name of your song.
-What counts as "acoustic"?
-The focus of the song needs to be on an acoustic instrument.
-Electric and acoustic basses are both acceptable.
-VST samples are allowed. Drum samples must be of acoustic drums/percussion. Orchestral/bowed instrument samples are allowed but cannot be used as the driving force on the track. Keyboards are also allowed to be used to emulate strings/piano.
-Keep to more natural-sounding effects when tracking or mixing (echo, reverb, compression, light chorus or phase, etc).

Deadline
October 18

Participants*
Jon777
SGstriker
ehbacon
nico_9550
xTURTLENECKx
whywefight
K'Nuckles
MeGaDeth2314
Grey Dynasty
StewieSwan
ultimate-slash
slipknot5678
Kryptos
mind_meld
Shotgunmerc
Lord-O-Donuts
hamett91
Weaponized
korinaflyingv
TV-Casualty
Harlot Hero
chev311e
vintage x metal
SaintsofNowhere
CaptainCadmium
DempseyPunk
skylerjames13
AllJudasPriest
SirZep
Apocalypse_Sons

*participants who've sent in a song are colored in orange

UG Community Acoustic Albums Bandcamp

planning thread for album 1
release thread for the first album
planning thread for album 2
release thread for the second album
Last edited by Grey Dynasty at Oct 18, 2016,
The green thing is confusing me. I swear I pm'd mine to Jon in private. How did you get it? Or did you copy it from the original, in which case we need a list of people who's submissions YOU have.

Quote by SirZep
...good thing this thread doesn't get buried in the 2nd page by all this 'I want to be a moderator when I grow up' crap

StewieSwan2k16
It was my privilege
Quote by StewieSwan
The green thing is confusing me. I swear I pm'd mine to Jon in private. How did you get it? Or did you copy it from the original, in which case we need a list of people who's submissions YOU have.

StewieSwan2k16

Yeah, sorry, I just copied and pasted from the old thread. I'll update the list of current submissions and reach out to the other people to let them know to send their tracks to me.
Thanks, everyone for the submissions. Just a reminder that there are three days left to submit your track for the album!
If you submitted a track in the previous thread and I do not have it here, I will PM you today.

Another thing to consider: Since this will not be going up on the same bandcamp account that Jon had, would we want to rebrand the album? Meaning, it would not have to be the third album, but rather the first of another series? And do we want to use the album art from the previous thread?
Alright, if you submitted a track in the old thread and have not sent me the song, please check your PMs!

^Also, I was planning on messing around with the first submitted cover a little bit. The one with not the bird?
Quote by Grey Dynasty

Another thing to consider: Since this will not be going up on the same bandcamp account that Jon had, would we want to rebrand the album? Meaning, it would not have to be the third album, but rather the first of another series? And do we want to use the album art from the previous thread?

I think it should still have the same name because it's a continuation of Jon's work. I personally wouldn't care about changing the album art, not sure what others would think.
Sounds like we're going to call it III.

Today is the last day for submissions! If you submitted in the previous thread but not here, please do so now. I have PM'd everyone from the old thread that submitted, I think. New submissions are also welcome.

I plan on releasing this sometime over the weekend, ideally, so if you have a song to submit after today, feel free to do so, but I cannot promise it will be on the album.
No worries, guys. Just trying to clear up the album art with the guy who submitted it to make sure there's no issues with copyright or anything. I have all the submissions set, just waiting on him. If I don't hear back we might have to change it a bit.
Quote by Grey Dynasty
No worries, guys. Just trying to clear up the album art with the guy who submitted it to make sure there's no issues with copyright or anything. I have all the submissions set, just waiting on him. If I don't hear back we might have to change it a bit.

psh, copyright on the internet? you can't just make things up
Got in touch with the guy who did the album art. Doing some tweaks and we should be good after that.
this is such a farce. who gives a shit about album art. what year is this
It was my privilege
If you're truly angry about this, then I'm sorry, but I don't have anything else to tell you. This has been delayed for months because the OP went awol and no one picked it up; you can wait another few days.
Cubs won the World Series and UG Acoustic III is finally released.

im calling it now, apocalypse by the end of 2016
Please check your PM's. I messaged two people about their submissions. Otherwise we are set to release