Page 1 of 2
As someone who is not running for moderator but is still asking for your vote anyway, it is my strong belief that this user had a statement they wanted to voice. And that they did so. That's what makes our forum great. Anyone can voice their opinion no matter how insipid and baseless. Well, what I actually meant when I said "great" was "annoying." So if elected to the position that I am not nominated for, I will do my best to ensure that complaints like that are met with a stern "sit down" and a hard "shut up." I don't have time to deal with your problems. Work that shit out yourself. Be self-sufficient dammit, it's not big moderment's place to intervene, that leads to a nanny site, and I won't have any of that.

Vote for me, and I'll make sure that nobody cares when stupid people whine about problems that aren't.

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Oct 12, 2016,
JR summed up my own perfectly. I'd close his thread and, yes, NeoMvsomething also responded perfectly. It is never appropriate outside the realm of parody, and even then it's barely cutting it.

This forum has gone from antiquated and featureless to the opposite and growing. We have the admins to thank, who genuinely feel like part of the community, excited about forum activity and banter. It's damn annoying hearing these returning users complain about it and vilify the admins as though someone moved their favorite toy from where they last put it.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.
I would ban him because he's a twat

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Ban him until he properly stroked my ego in the FOTB. If he doesn't then maybe also remove him from winning that guitar too, just to stick it to him.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Well, I'm not running for mod, I would never ask to become a mod, it's not my style.

In order to prevent these kind of shenanigans, a clear update of the requirements should be posted on the tab submitting page (if it hasn't been done).
Also, if it's time consuming to post the tuning of the tab, maybe some quick commands could be added (if they're not already there).
As for the comments posted, maybe instead of the, get over yourself comment, a link to the requirements for submitting tabs should have been posted, followed by a comment about reading the requirements before making a thread.
All this probably would have prevented the second thread that frankowillo posted which led to me posting something serious again.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Ban him until he properly stroked my ego in the FOTB. If he doesn't then maybe also remove him from winning that guitar too, just to stick it to him.

Do you agree that it would be better to send the guitar to pavliickk so that he can make a video with it?
*your ad here*
Quote by UltimateGuizar
which led to me posting something serious again.

So would you say that the TS of that thread had a negative influence on you?
*your ad here*
Quote by theogonia777
So would you say that the TS of that thread had a negative influence on you?

Definitely, I feel I need to look at some Gary Larson books to bring me back to my inner peace.
Quote by theogonia777
Do you agree that it would be better to send the guitar to pavliickk so that he can make a video with it?
Favoritism would work against my cryptic promise to do nothing for the people, so ask zappp.
I can honestly say I expect the exact same behavior from you, Theo :/
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Pastafarian96
Yes but Kristen doesn't abuse the site's system

I also don't spend all my time crying like a weepingwillo.
*your ad here*
Pastafarian96

If somebody posted the tab complaint I would direct them to the proper forum.

If that guy came in the pit then okay free to open yourself to ridicule if you'd like but I'd most likely eventually close it either because it doesn't belong here (unless it truly turns into a broader ug thing) or cause it would get too stupid.
I'd deem frankowillo officially a madman and an absolute ledge.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
i would just ignore him because unlike some moderators on this site i would not abuse my powers
Quote by kalypto
i would just ignore him because unlike some moderators on this site i would not abuse my powers

That is the thing though, he's actually broken several site rules since his last banning which would normally result in at least a warning.
The only rational way to deal with this guy is to hunt him down and beat him with a stick
I have nothing important to say
Tbh, users like that are what give sites like this a bad name. The guy is a tab mod, and that kind of over inflated ego is what puts people of taking up or continuing on with guitar.

So, I'd warn him first up, and if it happens again, hit the banhammer and not allow him out of FoTB unless he can prove in some form or another that the behaviour will not continue, which, given his history, is unlikely to change.
Yes I am falling
How much longer
Till I hit the ground?
Quote by kalypto
Yeah, my totally justified ego stroking aside, he's breaking the rules. Namely spamming and flaming. Not abuse of powers at all.
I fully support using interrobangs. Who wouldn't‽
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by Pastafarian96
Well it turns out I kept that thread open before he deleted it

Screenshot time!

Tadaa!

https://imgur.com/a/79h1o
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Oct 12, 2016,
Tbf compared to me, you're all equally worthless.

#NoLivesMatter
#Garcia2016
I would write something like this had admin not taken it down:

Dear [scathing dude],

It is not in human nature to act calm when an actively oppositional party attacks one's friends and asks, even in a measured manner, for one to resign. [Your friend] said so last month in the tab mod forum. Your side has long ago stopped trying to understand mine and instead tries to appeal to emotion without any logical or ethical base.

I have evidence that you want to destroy me and that you believe that I was acting out of spite. Despite your possibly justified anger, you have not stopped your questionable activities on site. You have never thanked me for helping you find where to update your avatar. You kept on ignoring me in your chord finder thread, despite qualified responses and zappp himself reopening it for you, only to respond with a preface about "our" conflict (which nobody needed to know). Everybody who responded to the thread agreed with the reasoning given except you.

By the way, I actually asked that you remain a tab mod for the sake of understanding this side when you tried resigning last month, but you're not even trying to understand now. You have no remorse for previous offenses of rating manipulation and multiple accounts - your response in the IQ feedback thread suggested so. No overzealous response in the thread was ever provoked. From the first week you became a tab mod, instead of promoting group unity, your actions have only reaped discord.

It is hard to steer a ship to calm with a hysterically aggressive baby interjecting most of the time. My regrets up until now are these:

- the tab mod group has an active faction trying to steer UG in its self-interest without regard to actual site interests
- I have accommodated such aggression against me for the past four months from your lot without much front-end support
- the continuous aggression against me occasionally spills out to other people who are angry when writing. I would have reworded my thoughts next time. However, any interjection from your faction's side is seen, with good reason, as a call to arms, and I will not entertain such fistfights or thinly veiled hostility towards those who have proved loyal to the site.

Btw, thank you for the support, everyone
Whoever wins, just remember that my relentless and researched bullying gets results. Results that benefit the community. I'm kind of like if Batman was grumpy and had only a median annual income.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
Quote by NeoMvsEu
I would write something like this had admin not taken it down:

Dear [scathing dude],

It is not in human nature to act calm when an actively oppositional party attacks one's friends and asks, even in a measured manner, for one to resign. [Your friend] said so last month in the tab mod forum. Your side has long ago stopped trying to understand mine and instead tries to appeal to emotion without any logical or ethical base.

I have evidence that you want to destroy me and that you believe that I was acting out of spite. Despite your possibly justified anger, you have not stopped your questionable activities on site. You have never thanked me for helping you find where to update your avatar. You kept on ignoring me in your chord finder thread, despite qualified responses and zappp himself reopening it for you, only to respond with a preface about "our" conflict (which nobody needed to know). Everybody who responded to the thread agreed with the reasoning given except you.

By the way, I actually asked that you remain a tab mod for the sake of understanding this side when you tried resigning last month, but you're not even trying to understand now. You have no remorse for previous offenses of rating manipulation and multiple accounts - your response in the IQ feedback thread suggested so. No overzealous response in the thread was ever provoked. From the first week you became a tab mod, instead of promoting group unity, your actions have only reaped discord.

It is hard to steer a ship to calm with a hysterically aggressive baby interjecting most of the time. My regrets up until now are these:

- the tab mod group has an active faction trying to steer UG in its self-interest without regard to actual site interests
- I have accommodated such aggression against me for the past four months from your lot without much front-end support
- the continuous aggression against me occasionally spills out to other people who are angry when writing. I would have reworded my thoughts next time. However, any interjection form your faction's side is seen, with good reason, as a call to arms, and I will not entertain such fistfights or thinly veiled hostility towards those who have proved loyal to the site.

Btw, thank you for the support, everyone

You forgot the mic drop
kitty on my foot and I wanna touch it
meow meow meow meow meow meow
Quote by ultimate-slash
You forgot the mic drop
I thought it nicer to just hand it over to the singer; you can't hear them without anyways
Quote by Pastafarian96
Yes but Kristen doesn't abuse the site's system

I know, but I want to make him feel REAL bad for some reason.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Pastafarian96
Also dropping microphones can do some serious damage to their internals, which is why you don't tap them to test

I also knew that.
That's why we go, two, two, aaaone two, wwwwwone, twoooo, twoooo.
Page 1 of 2