So I've been into tapping for a while now, especially on acoustic, but I've always been plagued by this horrible noise my guitar produces when I tap on frets usually 7th fret or beyond, on any string. It sounds like the guitar is producing another dissonant note from somewhere, which I believe is from exactly the same string. Even if I mute the other strings the noise is produced, but it isn't if I mute the same string I'm lower down the neck.

So my question is, what's causing the noise? Is there something on my guitar I need to change or is my technique just balls?
Is it possible to record your playing and make notation at which portion by minute when the noise is produced by your tapping, could it be there is a loose bracing or the piezo is becoming loose.. that is causing the phantom noise.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Maybe the sound is produced behind the fret in the relief area between the fret and nut?
psp742 I could record it but I'm not sure how I would send it to you haha. Also isn't a piezo a sort of pick up? It's just an acoustic I'm afraid.

skido13 Perhaps, how would I tell/what could I do about it?