Page 1 of 2
I should be on my second coffee of the day now but I've just had a decaff instead. I'm feeling highly unpleasant.

Ask me anything.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Would you like that to go?
kitty on my foot and I wanna touch it
meow meow meow meow meow meow
Quote by soundgarden1986
i thought about giving up caffeine before but then i thought "but why tho" and stopped before i ever got started

I got a particularly nasty bout of anxiety yesterday so I am going to see if the two are related

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
will you do a thread on caffeine addiction, you ecuadorian bean-slut
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I got a particularly nasty bout of anxiety yesterday so I am going to see if the two are related

yeah i never really had anything like that happen but i get some wicked headaches if i go a day or two without it

it would be easier to drop caffeine if all the best tasting drinks werent caffeinated
Quote by EpiExplorer
will you do a thread on caffeine addiction, you ecuadorian bean-slut

I'm keeping an up to date memoir of my experiences.

I've sorta given up caffeine. I won't go outta my way to make coffee, but if there's an iced mocha around I'll partake.

I drink tea now whenever I get a headache or feel low. Green teas are great.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.
I'm literally drinking a Rockstar and a cup of coffee right now.

I need an intervention.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
I'm literally drinking a Rockstar and a cup of coffee right now.

I need an intervention.

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I gave up for a while then started getting headaches and Started again
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
I gave it up for a while but then started working an earlier shift. The coffee slavery has returned. Shit sucks.
I do not have a caffeine addiction. I thought I did because I had to drink tea every morning and afternoon, but i accidentally bought decaf a few weeks ago and didn't realize until last week when I checked the box. I am also highly sensitive to the caffeine in dark chocolate.
cat
I only drink coffee for pleasure, so I can give it up pretty easily. Not that I'd really want to.
Rarely even drink soda so I probably wouldn't even miss it.
Overall, I could do it if I wanted to.

Anyways, no questions. Just wishing you good luck.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Maybe it's a biological thing, but I've never understood other peoples' dependence on coffee/caffeine.

Like I get the logic behind it - you're tired and you want something to wake you up. But then if I feel tired or whatever and I have a coffee, I then just feel tired and jittery/anxious, so I have two negative feelings to deal with as opposed to one. It definitely doesn't make me feel more pleasantly awake.

Maybe I've just never dipped my feet in far enough to get that kind of 'addiction' to it, but if I feel tired I just try my best to get on with it.

Plenty of water if anything seems to help me the most.
Have fun with your regular intervals of uninterrupted sleep and overall wellness, you quitter.

Actually for a period of time a year ago I was off caffeine and I was asleep and woke up at the exact same time every single day, and it did wonders for my anxiety and attention span. But once I was out of rehab I had little reason or motivation to keep it going.
Last edited by stratkat at Oct 13, 2016,
Quote by matt bickerton
Maybe it's a biological thing, but I've never understood other peoples' dependence on coffee/caffeine.

Like I get the logic behind it - you're tired and you want something to wake you up. But then if I feel tired or whatever and I have a coffee, I then just feel tired and jittery/anxious, so I have two negative feelings to deal with as opposed to one. It definitely doesn't make me feel more pleasantly awake.

Maybe I've just never dipped my feet in far enough to get that kind of 'addiction' to it, but if I feel tired I just try my best to get on with it.

Plenty of water if anything seems to help me the most.

Yeah you're clearly not in that deep I think it can help you feel more alert but it doesn't stop you from being tired.

I usually have 3 coffees a day. One in morning when I get into work, one in the afternoon, and one after dinner in the evening. Coffee is a good drink and I started drinking it for social reasons (aka you can ask for a coffee instead of juice arounds someone house, going out for a coffee together etc.) but man if I miss that morning or afternoon coffee I get drowsy.

There's a link to anxiety too and I've had some really unpleasant bouts this past week so worth a try. Currently nursing the hugest headache ever though and I really just want to sleep.

Water is important but I wouldn't compare its effect to coffee at all. I drink a ton of water anyway.

Yeah I think it could just be that as I suffer from anxiety anyway, unrelated to coffee, adding another potential source of it on top just makes my body go 'no, stop that'.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I usually have 3 coffees a day

I'm usually at a pot a day. In undergrad, I was doing multiple pots a day. I was literally Dave Grohl.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
yeah caffeine is p shit if you don't save it for when you really need it

enjoy your headaches fam
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Does this include green tea, black tea, chocolate, and ice cream?

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by zgr0826
I'm usually at a pot a day. In undergrad, I was doing multiple pots a day. I was literally Dave Grohl.

fresh pots?
i miss the old kanye
Quote by Spinnerweb
Favourite soda?

tango

Why does decaf exist?
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Tell us all about your headaches tomorrow and how long it took before you bought a coffee.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I'm feeling highly unpleasant.

oh so no changes, good results
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by seanlang01
Tell us all about your headaches tomorrow and how long it took before you bought a coffee.

the headaches today was awful

they have gone now touch wood

i am going to have a hot chocolate now

How was your first sexual experience with a man?
Gibson LP Standard T - Epiphone LP Standard (BCS wiring+pots, 57/57+ Gibson) - Fender FSR MIM Telecaster
Blackstar Series one 45 (v30's) - Jetcity JCA50h + 212cab (Eminence) - Orange Crush 35RT
I gave up caffeine about a year and a half ago. I cut out all caffeine including chocolate. I had the headache from hell for about 2 days and felt a bit like a zombie for the next month. I lost about 10 pounds and feel a lot better.
What's the average flight speed of a caffeinated swallow?
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
I quit coffee about 2 years ago. I had a 20 year caffeine habit and it was a fucking pain in the dick. I couldn't go past 11 am without a cup of coffee without getting a headache and it pissed me off, so I quit cold turkey. Worst 2 weeks of my life, but afterwards...I felt so much better. Good on you for getting rid of the habit.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Page 1 of 2