Hi there,

following my previous post in this forum, I want to share now my second jam session experience. Apart from the fact that the first one was awful, in this one I still have the feeling that things havent gone so far much better. This time I think the two guys (drummer and bass) were a bit more liking my playing, although at some points I notice I had a bit of errors when playing. After the session, the guys didnt say about changing numbers or facebook or so, so I think this has been again something ocasionally. Do I really suck on guitar, when most of people I know (and others that dont know me) have always told me I play good?

My guitar teacher says I have improved a lot, even his wife told me the other day that I sounded very nice, then why is that when I play with others somehow I dont feel like they like my playing?
korinaflyingv yes but I would say almost 4 years playing and practicing every day is time enouggh to start jamming with others
I remember I had a "audition" once with a bunch of bluesy old timers and I was like 25+ years younger than them and playing a strat and fucked up a bunch of notes during an SRV solo (you can't fake it on a strat ), I just remember looking up at the singer and his face was like he'd just eaten a lemon. I remember it like it was yesterday...that face, my hand cramping trying to play those fast set of notes.

So it could've been worse OP...
Rebel ScumRebel Scum I play strat and we played today "cold shot" and "pride and joy"... At some point in the solo part I was just improvising but I noticed I screwed up some notes... I can agree thats an awful feeling, did you get better with the following years mate?
lol, what a coincidence. I think it was Mary had a little lamb or Texas Flood I was playing. Yeah I got better in some ways, worse in others. If you ask me to play some SRV today I'd be real shit. But playing with people is a good way to get better. More so if they can keep time and have a tight rhythm section. No good playing with sloppy jalopies like ourselves lol.

But the wife?

...is

she fit?
playing with a band is completely different then playing by yourself to some recording. you're all feeding off each other. it's not just you keeping track of yourself
Quote by Rebel Scum
lol, what a coincidence. I think it was Mary had a little lamb or Texas Flood I was playing. Yeah I got better in some ways, worse in others. If you ask me to play some SRV today I'd be real shit. But playing with people is a good way to get better. More so if they can keep time and have a tight rhythm section. No good playing with sloppy jalopies like ourselves lol.

But the wife?

...is

she fit?
Im 25 yo mate