Hey guys. So I just picked up Dimarzio Liquifire and Gravity storm pups. Wired it myself or soldered I mean. When I select only the bridge or neck pup there isn't much difference in tone. Could I have messed something up? Or are they just very similar? This is in an Ibanez s770pb with a 5 way selector. Thank you!

I did just soldered to where the old pickups went but this time since dimarzio has a green wire I put that with the red.
The bare/drain wire I grounded to the pot
Try the tap test. Switch between the pickups and try tapping them gently with a screwdriver to see which are engaged. You can also test the tone and volume controls like this by listening for changes when you move the controls.
Quote by toekneewin90

I did just soldered to where the old pickups went but this time since dimarzio has a green wire I put that with the red.
The bare/drain wire I grounded to the pot

Well there is your problem...You should look at the color codes first. The red is the hot. the green is the ground. You need the green and the bare together as a ground and only the red as the hot.
That's strange because I looked on the Dimarzio site for a diagram and it showed red and green together for Ibanez guitars? http://www.dimarzio.com/support/wiring-diagrams#1-1-1-3

Thanks for that. I just looked at the general diagram and not specific model.

EDIT:
So I did what Explorerbuilder said. Put the green and bare together at the pot. Black and white together at the selectors and red separate. Sounds better and I can hear a difference in tone when switching between neck/bridge. Thank you for your help!
Last edited by toekneewin90 at Oct 16, 2016,