Hey guys. I play in a semi pro blues rock band. For sound think ZZ Top, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Gary Clark Jr and similar. On guitar I go for around the border between clean and distortion, just where the amp breaks up when I dig in and play hard. I use a strat into a Peavey Classic 30, with a tubescreamer on always and a blues driver for solos.

Recently we have acquired a bargain Peavey PA and two old, but brilliant Marshall PA speakers. Very powerful.

As I am sure you know, PA's are big and loading and unloading cars on gig days is tedious, so we'd love to shrink things down where possible.

What I am considering is a product that I can plug my guitar into, and then plug into the PA to get awesome guitar sounds. I know of digital amp stuff but it is expensive.

What I am wondering is, can the Fender Bassbreaker 45, Victory V40 or any similar amps be run straight into a PA using the line out, if a cab is not attached, and will it still sound good?

The gig will basically go:

Strat ------ Blues driver ----- Tube Screamer ------ New item --------- PA --------- PA speakers

Thank you guys
Most amps will still need a speaker load regardless - check the particular amp's manual.

I'd replace all of your amp and pedals with a digital modeler so the setup would be guitar > modeler > PA.

Lower end - Line 6 POD HD500X and Boss GT-100

Mid range - Atomic Amplifire (and the smallest) or Line 6 Helix (between price tiers)

High End - Axe Fx, Kemper

I'm probably missing a few options but you get the idea. All have pros and cons. I'd start with the mid tier.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
I think the Bassbreaker 15 has that capability. Have you checked out the Two Notes Le Clean and Le Crunch?
Quote by jkielq91
Hey guys. I play in a semi pro blues rock band. For sound think ZZ Top, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Gary Clark Jr and similar. On guitar I go for around the border between clean and distortion, just where the amp breaks up when I dig in and play hard. I use a strat into a Peavey Classic 30, with a tubescreamer on always and a blues driver for solos.

Recently we have acquired a bargain Peavey PA and two old, but brilliant Marshall PA speakers. Very powerful.

As I am sure you know, PA's are big and loading and unloading cars on gig days is tedious, so we'd love to shrink things down where possible.

What I am considering is a product that I can plug my guitar into, and then plug into the PA to get awesome guitar sounds. I know of digital amp stuff but it is expensive.

What's "expensive" to you? A Pod XT Live can be had for around $125 used (this is the foot pedal version). The XT "bean" can be had for around $85 used. Newer HD500's can be had for around $200. Plug them directly into the PA system. You'll be able to eliminate the Peavey, the tube screamer and the blues driver.