Hi all

Me again, the rockabilly pest haha. Just one final question about getting my perfect rockabilly sound, I've got the DD3 delay pedal, I'm gonna buy me a Gretsch Guitar (eventually) but for now I'm gonna buy a tremolo bar for my Tele to use for now and eventually as Gretsch backup. I have been recommended and read in loads of articles that the best amp for the genre would be a Fender Bassman, but these are out of my price range by a few hundred pounds. The Vox AC30 is beautiful, it sounds nice but I honestly want something even slightly lighter and I'm loving the look of the Fender, so I'm hoping to get about £500 for the Vox and then I can maybe get another £200 towards an amp so what are my alternatives to the Bassman? Would a fender blues Deluxe do the job? or should I hold out until a Bassman comes for sale on EBay cheaper please?

Thanks for all the advice on this and all my other posts lovely guitar people, I love this website!!
A few options:
The AC15 is great and depending on how much clean volume you need, plenty loud for a lot of people.
They did make a 1x12 AC30 for a few years, the AC30CC1, if you're lucky enough to find one.
Bassman is a solid bet for rockabilly for sure.

Blues Deluxe or Hot Rod Deluxe are also totally good, a little more smooth and not quite as twangy as a bassman but with a Gretsch you're not going to have any trouble getting what you need out of any decent Fender amp.
Any vintage voiced amp should do the trick. The relevant questions would involve availability, price & reliability. Normally, I'd recommend Carvins alongside Vox & Fenders. But Carvins aren't so common or inexpensive outside the USA.

One amp that DOES score well in all 3 categories would be the Peavey Delta Blues 115. Here's Darrel Highham- about as good a modern rockabilly guitar hero as there is- talking about his:

https://reverb.com/marketplace/amps/guitar-combos?query=peavey+delta+blues+115&product_type=amps&category=guitar-combos&sort=price%7Casc
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Oh...my...god he is furking awesome!! Can't believe I've not seen him before, I wonder if he will be on at Viva Las Vegas festival in Vegas next April, I'm going and I can't wait!! 4 days of Rockabilly heaven in the desert.

Oh yeh and the amp is pretty damnperfect too, I think that's the one for me, that or the blues deluxe or hot rod deluxe.

Thanks a lot, I've now got choice of 4 amps to look for new or second hand, so exciting.
I'd be suprised if he weren't there. He's not with Imelda May anymore- they divorced, so he also left the band- but if you see Katmen on the bill, that's his band with Imelda May bassist Al Gare and Slim Jim Phantom...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
I think Musicman and Roland Jazz Chorus would also do well for this if you want to try solid state amps. I almost hate myself for recommending this as it is very overpriced modeling amp but the Roland Blues Cube might be the tone that you're after.