Hello!

I want to buy a USB Sound Card and I really like the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. In my country the 2nd gen is not yet available but I can buy it online.

Is it worth to pay extra bucks for the 2nd Gen ? I play guitar and I heard that the 1st Gen has a clipping problem.
If you're gonna use it for guitar, then yeah, try to avoid clipping if you can. And I can confirm that the first gen had a clipping problem. If you're sure that the second gen doesn't have that problem, go with it.
The 1st gen was clipping as Jackov stated, the 2nd gen also but somewhat less. Plan on getting a DI box for tge 1st gen, and that would raise price about $20-$30.

How about another brand? Roland, Mackie, Presonus, etc make good products too.
Quote by diabolical
The 1st gen was clipping as Jackov stated, the 2nd gen also but somewhat less. Plan on getting a DI box for tge 1st gen, and that would raise price about $20-$30.

How about another brand? Roland, Mackie, Presonus, etc make good products too.

Or instead geting a DI box, you could spend a bit more money and get scarlett 2i4 which definitely has no clipping issues.

But also take a look at other brands, I have a steinberg interface and it works great.
Last edited by JackovSlayer at Oct 17, 2016,
I think at lower counts, Steinberg and Presonus are by dar the better interface. Above 10-in, Focusrite and Roland are much better.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale